The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We've created some decent chances to be fair and Victoria has been very good. 

Problem is at the back, and the inconvenience truth is that Bene remains a real weak link. 

Don't think 2-0 is a fair reflection thus far l. 

Ignore that. 3-0, great strike to be fair. 

The main problem last season is that we were an utter shambles defensively. 

We are still an utter shambles defensively and are sans our 30 goal striker. Not good at all. 

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The worst full time team in Scotland will struggle to get top four.

Another gang assembled for the season  ahead.

I didn’t see you on here when we beat Peterhead? 

We arent 100% full time either.

2/10

Davidson has come in for a lot of stick over the years, much deserved, but Benedictus is such a stand out weakness in that defence. Everyone seems to be waiting for him to show the form he has in one of the 4 seasons he's been here. 

That's before you look at the right back issue, which Watson is obviously not the answer for. 

We haven't played THAT badly, we just remain an absolute shit show at the back.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Davidson has come in for a lot of stick over the years, much deserved, but Benedictus is such a stand out weakness in that defence. Everyone seems to be waiting for him to show the form he has in one of the 4 seasons he's been here. 

That's before you look at the right back issue, which Watson is obviously not the answer for. 

The buck rests entirely with McGlynn for this. 

Agree with this. Our overall play hasn't been completely dreadful, but we're so fragile. The sort of half chances that naturally occur become incredibly dangerous far too easily. That defence is pulled apart like tissue paper.

Really need to hope Miller is back for next week, we can't afford to carry Watson. Still not overly impressed by Allan, either. I'd be much more comfortable if we had an alternative number 9, even if just to take some of the pressure off him.

14 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I didn’t see you on here when we beat Peterhead? 

We arent 100% full time either.

2/10

We are more or less full time! I don't just blame Mcglynn the board have some serious questions to answer if the fans can see our defense is still a shambles why cant they?

If you are going to stroll through a game at half pace and not give a shit, please inform the away support first so we can not bother travelling.

Edited by renton

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Ya wee dick. Check your facts. We may be shite today but we're not full time shite.

Must. Try. Harder.

Oh dear state eh this.

Tickled me reading this thread when some thought you would challenge Falkirk.

Should be biting the hand off for top four with the gang assembled. Raith fans who know football will agree with this.

6 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

We are more or less full time! I don't just blame Mcglynn the board have some serious questions to answer if the fans can see our defense is still a shambles why cant they?

Yeah but hence why I said not 100% Frank. Defence needs sorted but thank god the cup is finished for another year. Lot of pish. 

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

Oh dear state eh this.

Tickled me reading this thread when some thought you would challenge Falkirk.

Should be biting the hand off for top four with the gang assembled. Raith fans who know football will agree with this.

Your basing our league campaign after 4 betfred cup matches. Ok.