The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

We had eight points in the 2016/17 season. Would have went through if we’d beaten Alloa at Stark’s in the last group game.

Fair fucks. 

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

The fact we still haven't brought in a right back is criminal. 

Yeah I’ll agree with that. One season is fair enough but a second one with not one recognised RB is very very odd. 

You wouldn’t go into a season without a recognised striker so why not a RB?

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yeah I’ll agree with that. One season is fair enough but a second one with not one recognised RB is very very odd. 

You wouldn’t go into a season without a recognised striker so why not a RB?

I get that its an issue, i get that it'll unbalance the team but its probably not why we lost three goals from corners.

In fairness we looked like we had f**k all fire power in the league cup last year....

True - we were poor in the same competition as last year at this early stage.

Aye we are never going to win the Cup - but for me it’s competitive football and I want to see a bit of a fight put up. We are absolutely powderpuff at the back.

We’ve shipped 7 goals in two games - 3 against Dundee who couldn’t score against either Cove or Peterhead in 180mins of football. Then 4 today to an ICT side who couldn’t break down Peterhead over 90mins the other night.

Sounds like we’ll be in for another tough game on Tuesday - could end up finishing bottom of this group.

How did Mendy play?

Not terrible but at fault for the first after losing his man at the corner. Personally feel like without mendy the defence would have been more solid as Davo and Bene look much more on edge and probably pull themselves out of position trying to cover/takeover from mendy even when they don’t have to purely because they don’t have much confidence in him which is disheartening at best.

There was one point in the first half when Davo had a go at mendy after losing his man at a corner or free kick and bene tried to pick mendy up a bit that’s stuck with me for some reason.

We were far from terrible today and personally thought we controlled the game in spells without having many clear cut chances but we took the one we did which is kind of a positive[emoji28]

Hendry is IMHO the best player in the league. Once we get Vaughn playing off of Allan aswell it’ll all start to click the together I feel

35 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

Not terrible but at fault for the first after losing his man at the corner. Personally feel like without mendy the defence would have been more solid as Davo and Bene look much more on edge and probably pull themselves out of position trying to cover/takeover from mendy even when they don’t have to purely because they don’t have much confidence in him which is disheartening at best.

There was one point in the first half when Davo had a go at mendy after losing his man at a corner or free kick and bene tried to pick mendy up a bit that’s stuck with me for some reason.

We were far from terrible today and personally thought we controlled the game in spells without having many clear cut chances but we took the one we did which is kind of a positiveemoji28.png

Hendry is IMHO the best player in the league. Once we get Vaughn playing off of Allan aswell it’ll all start to click the together I feel

Cheers!

Difficult to judge us off of two games against opposition from a higher division, though it’s never great to lose the first two competitive games of the season by three goals. Tuesday will surely be more indicative of the season to come.

He'll say "we didn't start the game well, we gifted cheap goals and we did't create enough or cause them enough problems"

I'd say we didn't want it enough, they were better and we still can't defend balls into the box, especially high balls despite playing with 5 defenders over 6' in height.

I fear for us on Tuesday against Peterhead and on Saturday against Cove, we could be there for the taking if HE doesn't get it sorted out.

Edited by Scottydog

Here we go again all these people commenting with probably only 1 or 2 that were at the game. Raith played well today in long spells with lots of positives to take from the game. Yes defensively we went to sleep and it cost us but the lads worked extremely hard to get back in to the game and at 1-1 if we took out chances it could have been different. Hendry was different class, Matthews, Davo were strong and Allan ran his heart out as the lone striker and held the ball up fantastic and took his goal brilliantly. Let’s get behind the team rather than keyboard warriors moaning.

Here we go again all these people commenting with probably only 1 or 2 that were at the game. Raith played well today in long spells with lots of positives to take from the game. Yes defensively we went to sleep and it cost us but the lads worked extremely hard to get back in to the game and at 1-1 if we took out chances it could have been different. Hendry was different class, Matthews, Davo were strong and Allan ran his heart out as the lone striker and held the ball up fantastic and took his goal brilliantly. Let’s get behind the team rather than keyboard warriors moaning.

I don’t think there’s been a particularly bad response to the result on here, but I agree with your sentiment. Remain positive.