The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, renton said:

Not ideal really. I mean 50 goals scored is barely enough to be serious about a top 4 finish and we'd be utterly sunk if that goal tally were combined with last year's GA column.

While you wouldn't want to waste money, I can't believe there wasn't another single loan player available that would improve the team....

I agree 50 is a bit light but that depends on the definition of Vaughan's (if he stays fit and finds the net) double figures being only 10, if he got say 15 or more then that'd be 55+, 20 would be 60 and that's only 3 less than Arbroath won the league with and Forfar finished 2nd with only 54. Majorly the issue is goals obviously but not conceding 2/3 of what you score is key. 

If the midfield and co could averaged 6 goals a piece that'd be almost 50 alone, but I think that's less likely that Lewie scoring 20 tbh.

If it's positivity your after 3o goals would probably be enough to win the league........as you as you kept 36 clean sheets. 😁

I think with our midfield being a bit fitter and willing to track back we shouldn’t lose as many goals as we did last season. We are always good for a few goalkeeper calamities as well, hopefully Munro does well next couple of games, but I’d be much more at ease with Davie in there.

4 hours ago, Scottydog said:

After the brief chat I had with McGlynn on Saturday I was left with the opinion that there will be no further signings this window. I asked if he was worried where the goals were coming from and he said no. He reckons if they share them about we will be fine. An average of 5 a piece for Allan, Anderson, Henry, Victoria, Spencer, Bowie, Dingwall and another 5 from the rest would give us 40 goals add in double figures for Vaughan and there's 50 goals. Not ideal but it is what it is and if we can work out how to keep the back door shut we will be fine. I did ask about the jackpot player and John just said we didn't get him and it won't be happening. Just have to wait until Jan and we sign HSWHW's on loan.

That’s shite to be honest, still no right back (young centre half being shoe horned in), no experienced forward (part time winger being shoe horned in)

McGlynn getting a decent wedge to get us up, but if we are faltering in the 1st 3 months questions need to be asked.

That’s shite to be honest, still no right back (young centre half being shoe horned in), no experienced forward (part time winger being shoe horned in)
McGlynn getting a decent wedge to get us up, but if we are faltering in the 1st 3 months questions need to be asked.
Yep. I realise he's working to a budget but if the loan window shuts with no further additions there are some glaring gaps in the squad that should've been addressed.

Then again, there aren't that many imposing strike forces in the league this year either.

(Straw clutching intensifies)

Deep in your heart of hearts you know that #roaringback4 will be a thing.

Script for this season will be - struggle to finish top 4, eventually make it, then pumped out in the play-offs.

Nisbet got a first half Hatrick for the pars. Really gonna miss his goals this season I think

Stevie Wonder could probably score a hatrick against Albion Rovers*

*but yes there’s no denying we’ll miss his goals.

30 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Really can't see how you lot are going to get anywhere near us this season but we have the McKinnon factor it could be a lot closer than it should be. Good luck for the season chaps. 

Hopefully you disgusting sickos financially kill yourselves and Rovers win the league by default. That's one way of it happening.

Really can't see how you lot are going to get anywhere near us this season but we have the McKinnon factor it could be a lot closer than it should be. Good luck for the season chaps. 

Neither can I. I’m hoping we can at least keep it interesting for most of the season but that’s more a hope than a belief. McGlynn’s right when he says a strong start is crucial.

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Oh FFs, just give them the trophy now and save us the hassle of the next 8 months.

So I take it the title is won before a ball is kicked. Well done. Defensively (I hope) we have tightened up Mendy aside. Up front we are woefully lacking. So all in all you might be right. This is the season McGlynn will be judged.

40 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

So I take it the title is won before a ball is kicked. Well done. Defensively (I hope) we have tightened up Mendy aside. Up front we are woefully lacking. So all in all you might be right. This is the season McGlynn will be judged.

image.jpeg.f49f26a6eb93cf91f36bbe6258271066.jpeg

After the brief chat I had with McGlynn on Saturday I was left with the opinion that there will be no further signings this window. I asked if he was worried where the goals were coming from and he said no. He reckons if they share them about we will be fine. An average of 5 a piece for Allan, Anderson, Henry, Victoria, Spencer, Bowie, Dingwall and another 5 from the rest would give us 40 goals add in double figures for Vaughan and there's 50 goals. Not ideal but it is what it is and if we can work out how to keep the back door shut we will be fine. I did ask about the jackpot player and John just said we didn't get him and it won't be happening. Just have to wait until Jan and we sign HSWHW's on loan.

I’m not denying what you’ve said may well be true, but I’ll be massively shocked if we don’t sign anyone in the Loan market.