The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Scored one of my favourite ever goals. 

Nisbet made his competitive debut yesterday and played well, had an absolutely fantastic assist. One the limited time I've seen him he's actually a more intelligent footballer than I presumed we were getting. Murray was absent with injury, was that a common occurance during his time at Raith? 

Murray was pretty consistent to be fair. I’m guessing it’s not too serious though. Nisbet will likely improve as the season goes on. Can be quite ineffective all game, yet still score. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Scored one of my favourite ever goals. 

Nisbet made his competitive debut yesterday and played well, had an absolutely fantastic assist. One the limited time I've seen him he's actually a more intelligent footballer than I presumed we were getting. Murray was absent with injury, was that a common occurance during his time at Raith? 

Regarding Nisbet, yeah his hold up play can be pretty good. As for Murray, part of his appeal was the fact he was consistently available for us.

Just wondering, how long should Mendy be given to get ‘up to match speed’ ?
As we need to get off to a better start this season compared to last

No idea. If he keeps playing like he did on Saturday then not too many more. I’d maybe give him the rest of the league cup games, although Bene needs some game time too.

Once the real action starts, we need our best team on the park. If Mendy isn’t up to speed by then that’s tough, get him dropped to the bench and try and bring him on gradually.

24 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Just wondering, how long should Mendy be given to get ‘up to match speed’ ?

As we need to get off to a better start this season compared to last

I hope that McGlynn plays him against Inverness and in every other game in the league cup. Nothing to be gained by dropping him.

I'd leave him out of the game at Inverness, then give him 180 minutes against Cove and Peterhead.

From there, decide whether or not to keep him in the starting line up, or whether it's better to start with two of the more established centre halfs and let him win his place back with continuous development at training.

No danger Mendy should play against Inverness - last thing you want is another shitshow against a team that is better than us. 

Play him against Peterhead and Cove as they're a more realistic comparison for us. If he's awful against them as well, then there is an issue. 

Edited by Michael W

I'd leave him out of the game at Inverness, then give him 180 minutes against Cove and Peterhead.

From there, decide whether or not to keep him in the starting line up, or whether it's better to start with two of the more established centre halfs and let him win his place back with continuous development at training.

Definitely the best option.

8 hours ago, renton said:

Regarding Nisbet, yeah his hold up play can be pretty good. As for Murray, part of his appeal was the fact he was consistently available for us.

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

Murray was pretty consistent to be fair. I’m guessing it’s not too serious though. Nisbet will likely improve as the season goes on. Can be quite ineffective all game, yet still score. 

Cheers gents, best of luck for the rest of the league cup. 

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

One small consolation from Saturday.......😎............I never saw Drysdale!!   He may have been there but I never saw him.

Is Drysdale still a registered ref ?

could have made a fortune if he was unveiled as the ref in the #livingthedream game, could have named their price to abuse the twat for 45 minutes 

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is Drysdale still a registered ref ?

could have made a fortune if he was unveiled as the ref in the #livingthedream game, could have named their price to abuse the twat for 45 minutes 

.............a registered summin'.....;)

21 minutes ago, renton said:

Just under 60% conversion from interest to paying in.

You would think that is because a fair few will have done what I originally did, and set it up from the 1st of each month. By early august we should have a more accurate picture...

1 minute ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

You would think that is because a fair few will have done what I originally did, and set it up from the 1st of each month. By early august we should have a more accurate picture...

True, or they all did a Ro Sham Bo and pegged it after seeing Mendy :lol: