The New Raith Rovers Thread

Don't think I've ever seen a worse refereeing prefomance in my time, either way mendy chucked the game after half an hour. Confident he'll improve and look a lot more conformable against league 1 opposition.

36 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

3) If Mendy is a bombscare even against top league 1 players (Baird vs. Mendy of today for example is giving me the fear), then having the Davo/Bene partnership of last year again - with the caveat that the full backs are better - is worrying.

Baird left Forfar at the end of last season to move to Australia. He'll probably still find a way to score against us even from there mind. 

Know this is probably not the time to ask, but why does Andy Mill sit in the directors box? Thought his 'campaign' pledge was to sit in the south stands and listen to the complaints and suggestions of the regular fans?

19 minutes ago, DG_RRFC said:

Don't think I've ever seen a worse refereeing prefomance in my time, either way mendy chucked the game after half an hour. Confident he'll improve and look a lot more conformable against league 1 opposition.

Aye that’s one thing I forgot to mention. It sounds like sour grapes when you get beat and maybe Dees would see it differently but it felt very much like the ‘big team’ was getting the 50/50 calls. Also the fact we didn’t get a pen at 2-0 - In a spell when we were on top and looking decent - in  real time looked like an abomination of a decision. 

1 minute ago, RRPT said:

Know this is probably not the time to ask, but why does Andy Mill sit in the directors box? Thought his 'campaign' pledge was to sit in the south stands and listen to the complaints and suggestions of the regular fans?

Ask him?

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Baird left Forfar at the end of last season to move to Australia. He'll probably still find a way to score against us even from there mind. 

Wow missed that. Absolutely glorious news. Felt he was a proper talisman for Forfar and definitely a good thing he is gone!! 

Positives:

-Looked okay going forward at times

-Mendy didn’t manage to get himself sent off (is that a positive?)

-Hendry all game and Matthews second half looked good. Like MacDonald too.

Negatives:

- Mendy WTF. Did he give away every goal? Absolute disaster of a debut. Struggling to think of many worse debuts. Hopefully he is just getting up to speed but looks miles off the level required on that performance. *cross fingers*

-Still haven’t got a ‘real’ right back which is fucking criminal and come the end of this season, when we finish top 4 but lose in the play-offs, will be a real bugbear.

- still weak in centre of defence.

- Nice moves but I’m willing to bet we’ll struggle for goals against the better teams in the league. Lots of huffing and puffing will be evident with not much return which will lead to booing.

Onwards and upwards.

Hendry and Victoria (?) were your two bright spots today, particularly the latter. He ripped our defence a few times and left Cammy Kerr looking like a right mug at one point.

Edited by Ludo*1

Hard not to be a bit scunnered by that guff today.

McGlynn has failed to sort our defensive issues, including completely ignoring the right back issue, and we look considerably worse off up front.
It's made my mind up not to bother paying into this new fund. Why give him any more cash to squander? He's not capable of utilising it properly.

McGlynn has failed to sort our defensive issues, including completely ignoring the right back issue, and we look considerably worse off up front.
It's made my mind up not to bother paying into this new fund. Why give him any more cash to squander? He's not capable of utilising it properly.

I’m waiting until the Peterhead and Clyde games before I start panicking.

Not the result we wanted but you have to remember Dundee were 2 leagues above us last season and looking to win the championship next season. Several key decision went against us but overall it was a decent performance by most. Spencer, Hendry and Matthews worked their socks off in the middle of the field, Bowie played well, Allan was isolated as the lone striker but worked hard trying to win the ball, held the ball up well and tried to bring others in to the game. Mendy learnt a lesson today but I’m sure he will learn his lesson. On to next week another difficult game but we should be behind the team not moaning already

55 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Silverton End said:
Aye, you'll be hoping so. emoji3.png

Really, any team manager watching that today would have laughed and set a team up to play to his lack of ability.

Aye, a new signing and new to Scottish football, a weak link identified right away.

“I don’t think the players we have are good enough. I’m not going to contribute to the one thing set up to allow us to sign better players.”

Sound logic.