The New Raith Rovers Thread

Never heard the term before but get the feeling their are plenty soy boys that post on here, precious souls.

Is ‘soy boy’ the new way of calling someone a ‘wee poofter’ without being attacked by the pc brigade?

Anyway, not at game today but worrying times if Davo outperformed his defensive partner. Any positives at all?! Somebody ease the pain please!

A few reflections on that.

1) We won't be playing Dundee every week. Thankfully. But the depressing thing is we want to be back to a few years ago and looking at 'top' championship clubs at home and fancying to win relatively often.

2) Mendy. Oaft. Thankfully Mendy also won't be playing against Dundee, or particularly Nelson, every week. But that was huge learning curve for him today across all aspects of the game. Clearly not ready now but the only hope is he is a fast learner. First mistake mentally rocked him (remember he will never have played in front of crowd like that against opponents like that). 

3) If Mendy is a bombscare even against top league 1 players (Baird vs. Mendy of today for example is giving me the fear), then having the Davo/Bene partnership of last year again - with the caveat that the full backs are better - is worrying.

4) Hendry is so far above this level its unreal. A real joy to watch. I think him, spencer and Mathews give us a very strong central area. I like the look of spencer and Mathews today looked excellent. Hoping this is 'his' season where he really steps on as the 'old head' in that midfield. 

5) I actually though Allan held it up well today (again we won't be playing Dundee every week and think he would have gotten far more changge out of L1 CBs). Vaughan off a player like him could be very good. But, at the moment we miss a player - like Vaughany - who is dead set on scoring and shooting  every time  they get it. 

6) Some nice play and touches from Victoria today. On that display looks like he could be a real asset against teams that sit in, when we need a we bit creativity to unlock the door etc.

7) Goalie was dodgy as f**k on the kicking/passing front. GET FLYING BACK FROM HOLIDAY NOW YOU WITCH c**t ❤️ xx

8 ) Pish result, but in a strange masochistic way, it's good to feel that again. Feel the pain of real meaning football. It's 'good' to be back.

9) 9:10 train KDY to Inverness booked. Win or bust regarding the league cup. Looking forward to the day our regardless and to be honest, with the size of our squad and luck with injuries, an early exit is not the worst thing in the world (especially after a relatively financially decent return today).

10) Beer and buckfast open on the train home and going to get blootered.  

11) All you c***s enjoy your night!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

It was pretty clear from the friendlies Mendy would make mistakes but tbf today was a complete disaster for him. We didn't play to badly today and certainly wont play a team anywhere as good as Dundee even tho I didn't think they were particularly great. 

I thought Bene should have started that certainly might have helped especially in Mendys case. Once again though we give the opposition too much time and how poor were we at being pushed off the ball again. One final point a least any of the players didn't get sent off very poor example from Mcglynn although the ref was a tit.