The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:
Think Faissal El Bakhtaoui is one of the trialists.
Certainly looks like him.

Sent a picture to a mate who's a Townie and he said it didn't look like him.

None of the trialists looked anything  like him!,,,,

if Hendry stays injury free I can’t see it being long before he is snapped up if he continues  to play the way he is. Far too good for this level

Edited by spot on

Lets get away from who the trialists were and get onto more important matters which are.... Scary Bear’s Mrs finally let him go to the football. Hope he found his way to Starks ok ;)

24 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Don’t think Celtic would let a 16 year old go out on loan to league 1.. 

My initial reaction too. Then again JMcG is held in high esteem at Parkhead.

Have to say though after having witnessed the kickings dished out to Vaughan and Dingwall last season unless the 16 years old has grown a foot taller and been hitting the gym all summer then if I were youth team management at Celtic I'd doubt I be risking him.

Lets get away from who the trialists were and get onto more important matters which are.... Scary Bear’s Mrs finally let him go to the football. Hope he found his way to Starks ok default_wink.png

I might find my way there on Saturday too.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Better than McDonald?

McDonald hasn't convinced me going forward to be honest. The way the team has been set out throughout the friendlies looks like we are expecting the full backs to push on and the lad only made a 20 min appearance about seemed quicker and more willing to overlap and deliver crosses. Don't get me wrong I actually prefer McDonald to Crane as he was suspect going forward and at the back where as McDonald at least looks to be positionally aware and able to tackle.

Edited by Mr.Reeee

Better than McDonald?
Didn't see him doing much defending, because of the stage of the game and us being on top, but he was quick, always looking to overlap and if anything, too keen to do so. Possibly left his position exposed by pushing on so much. But I wish we'd seen him earlier. Definitely promising and as someone has already said, LB is a position we don't have a lot of cover for.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 hours ago, Scottydog said:
Better than McDonald?

Didn't see him doing much defending, because of the stage of the game and us being on top, but he was quick, always looking to overlap and if anything, too keen to do so. Possibly left his position exposed by pushing on so much. But I wish we'd seen him earlier. Definitely promising and as someone has already said, LB is a position we don't have a lot of cover for.

apparently despite being a centre mid, Miller can play both right and left back if required

I had it in my head that Faissal El Bakhtaoui  was a really tall lad, according to the web he's only 5'10". I though we'd be looking for a bigger guy as a target man but hey, if he can find the net (something he's not been too good at since his 1st spell at the dark side).
Not wanting to compare every guy that comes in to Nisbet who was 6'1" but...

According to the net, Allen is 6’ 2”. I think because he’s a stocky unit, opposed to lean unit in Nisbet, he appears shorter.