The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Athlete29 said:

The manner in which he left is the reason for the bad blood. Had he discussed a contract with Unt after Raith were eliminated from the playoffs, I think the fans would more highly of him.

He was discussing it before the play offs

Imagine carrying out your business by mobile phone?

A mobile phone paid for by the club  that could see what numbers you were calling and making by looking at the bill.

What kind of thick c**t would that be?

Titles aren’t won on paper. Falkirk look to have made a few decent signings but how will they all come together?

While they ‘should’ scoosh the league, if they don’t get off to a good start, McKinnon starts feeling the pressure etc etc, few injuries...guys who have dropped down suddenly realise playing at Stranraer, Forfar.... ain’t much fun. Being the ‘big’ team puts a target on their head too.

Sammon isn’t prolific, big unit and a handful though so should do well in League One.

Gomis is getting on a bit, classy player but he isn’t going to get the time on the ball he wants at some of the places they visit. Tidser is a solid  defence minded midfielder too..

A load of Tidsers Morton teammates join him (*Greenock Morton, not Barcelona) Charlie Telfer seems a decent addition though he seemed to have stagnated a bit since looking a great prospect at Utd. Denny Johnstone had one good season at Morton, like Sammon, poor goals to game ratio for a forward.

Connolly looked class with us but didn’t set the heather on fire in the conference then barely got a game in a dire Dunfermline team, something to prove...

*Insomnia is a bad thing if it makes you think too hard about Falkirk players, let’s just hope Ray the snake has another mare of a season....

7 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

Anyone getting involved with the Live the dream game?

Weighing it up might give it a crack - always dreamed of playing up top alongside Herve Ebanda.

Legend

I played 45 minutes in the one years ago and scored a double. 

@Hank Scorpio scored an absolute screamer. Probably one of the best hits I've seen at Stark's.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking about playing. It's a great day. 

I played 45 minutes in the one years ago and scored a double. 
[mention=10094]Hank Scorpio[/mention] scored an absolute screamer. Probably one of the best hits I've seen at Stark's.
I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking about playing. It's a great day. 

Highly unusual for someone to have scored more goals at Starks Park than the actual player in their profile picture and name!

9 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Apparently we’ve made an offer to Knox. Guy at my work knows his dad and was telling me this morning.
Don’t know how true it is though.

Is he not meant to be going down to England? Maybe McGlynn decided that if you don't ask you don't get..... 

Is he not meant to be going down to England? Maybe McGlynn decided that if you don't ask you don't get..... 

I read that too but he then played another friendly. If he features tonight that might give us some idea if he’s still with us or not.

Just now, RRFC1989 said:

I read that too but he then played another friendly. If he features tonight that might give us some idea if he’s still with us or not.

Had it in my head that he wasn't going until the 15th - thought McG said that in one of his interviews. Can't play trialists in the cup either.

I was surprised to see Knox getting game time knowing he was going to England. Possibly all is not well with the move? 

Granted McGlynn isn't Smith and will actually prep the team properly, it still seemed odd to feature a player that had apparently got something lined up. Offering training is one thing. 

We won't have long until we find out, anyway. 

1 minute ago, GhostZapper said:

4 not enough? Vaughan, Allan, Bowie, Dingwall, and even Anderson who can cover up top.

Not sure you could class Dingwall as a forward, and he's injured still. Really, it's Allan, Bowie, Vaughan and Smith and Vaughan is still injured so.....

Edited by renton

55 minutes ago, renton said:

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Apparently we’ve made an offer to Knox. Guy at my work knows his dad and was telling me this morning.
Don’t know how true it is though.

Possibly on the back of the good uptake on the PDF? Potentially he was only going on trail down south, and if he'd done well in the few weeks he's been with us..... as someone else has said, don't make an offer - don't get.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Not sure you could class Dingwall as a forward, and he's injured still. Really, it's Allan, Bowie, Vaughan and Smith and Vaughan is still injured so.....

was forgetting about Smith.

Dingwall and Vaughan both out but likely to be back by end of August, so depends whether we think we can cope for the first 4-6 weeks of the season using Anderson, Allan, Bowie, Smith.
if you do add Knox to that, you'd have all you need.

Just now, GhostZapper said:

was forgetting about Smith.

Dingwall and Vaughan both out but likely to be back by end of August, so depends whether we think we can cope for the first 4-6 weeks of the season using Anderson, Allan, Bowie, Smith.
if you do add Knox to that, you'd have all you need.

If Vaughan is back by the end of August it'd be a massive lift to the club, but the last story about it in the FFP had him as September/October. So assuming we get Dingwall back by the end of August at least it'd release Anderson to play through the middle if we need him to, but I'm still really dubious about that. Otherwise our front line is Allan and Bowie.

Just now, renton said:

If Vaughan is back by the end of August it'd be a massive lift to the club, but the last story about it in the FFP had him as September/October. So assuming we get Dingwall back by the end of August at least it'd release Anderson to play through the middle if we need him to, but I'm still really dubious about that. Otherwise our front line is Allan and Bowie.

didnt the gaffer say in a interview that he is looking for goals across the team, not just forward/strikers.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Exactly, we need an forward, not just an attack minded or forward thinking player or whatever you want to call it.

Even if we signed Knox we'd have Dingwall, Anderson, Vaughan, Knox, Vitoria, Allan, Bowie and Smith. Of them only Vaughan looks like he could get 20 goals and that depends on his fitness which is a huge question mark. For us to be successful we'd need at least a handful of those guys to get to double figures in goals.

12 minutes ago, renton said:

thought McGlynn said in his last interview last week that he was back doing light rehab, and would be back in full training mid August?