The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thought MacDonald did well with his deliveries into the box. Not bad for a player who Airdrie fans said couldn’t cross a ball.

He was my MOTM today. I wasn’t too impressed with his crossing though, I’m sure it’ll come though. Jamie Watson on the right had a good game too.

Haven’t been to any of the friendlies, and won’t be at the Cowden game on Tuesday. But I can’t wait for the Dundee game next Saturday, is there hospitality on or will the Raith Suit be open for a pre match beer? Or is it too soon to know? Cheers in advance.

If we can win 4/4 pre season friendlies, am sure that will give us a huge confidence boost going into the season.

Not sure how others feel about Falkirk being in the league but I’m not confident at all. Like the previous year when we’ve had our challengers as Brechin and Dumbarton, yet it turns out to be arbroath, we surely all expected to win the league. This year if we don’t win the league I won’t be bothered because I fully expect Falkirk to run away with this league. Bought my season ticket last week and I’m involved with the supporters fund, still going to support the team this season, home and away no matter what previous results we’ve had. From seeing our team in pre season they are playing very well, and yet it gives me hope of a good season ahead, the thought of Falkirk still remains and it’s a worry.

Yes this sounds very negative, I’m still very excited for this season ahead but what will be will be at the end of the day. Bowie has shown he is very good on the ball and he clearly has a very good work ethic. I fully trust Mcglynn and Paul that they know what they are doing and I believe that one day they will get us back to where we belong.

Really want others to reply on their thoughts of the season ahead because I want to know if others feel the same.

12 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

If we can win 4/4 pre season friendlies, am sure that will give us a huge confidence boost going into the season.

Not sure how others feel about Falkirk being in the league but I’m not confident at all. Like the previous year when we’ve had our challengers as Brechin and Dumbarton, yet it turns out to be arbroath, we surely all expected to win the league. This year if we don’t win the league I won’t be bothered because I fully expect Falkirk to run away with this league. Bought my season ticket last week and I’m involved with the supporters fund, still going to support the team this season, home and away no matter what previous results we’ve had. From seeing our team in pre season they are playing very well, and yet it gives me hope of a good season ahead, the thought of Falkirk still remains and it’s a worry.

Yes this sounds very negative, I’m still very excited for this season ahead but what will be will be at the end of the day. Bowie has shown he is very good on the ball and he clearly has a very good work ethic. I fully trust Mcglynn and Paul that they know what they are doing and I believe that one day they will get us back to where we belong.

Really want others to reply on their thoughts of the season ahead because I want to know if others feel the same.

They fucked up, so they have to suck it up just as we have, may the best team win.

They fucked up, so they have to suck it up just as we have, may the best team win.

This season, we’re going up against a side that we can probably count on giving us a title race, unlike last season when we thought that it would be a home run, I’m sure this season the boys will be sure that it will not be easy and will have to try there hardest to get the job done.

1 minute ago, Raith95 said:

This season, we’re going up against a side that we can probably count on giving us a title race, unlike last season when we thought that it would be a home run, I’m sure this season the boys will be sure that it will not be easy and will have to try there hardest to get the job done.

Raymondo's best season in recent years was just before he felt the tangerine lure just a wee bit too early.

He has done nothing since to suggest that he can mastermind his way out of the quicksand that is the 1st Division.

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

I can't ever recall us having a "good" pre-season, so this is all a bit weird. 

I can! And it all too often proves to be a false dawn, this has lead to me superstitiously preferring to do shite in pre-season....although to be fair I've seen that trend continue too!

Not seen a game yet but listened to various appraisals and most seem to be happy that the team has a better balance about it. From the various highlights I like the way the midfield looks hungrier and aren't giving opposition time on the ball, it bodes well.

Still hoping for a loan signing that one that McGlynn said would be like "hitting the jackpot". I really hope it's a striker as I still feel we may be short on goals, mind you we all said that last season and look what Nizzy did! Perhaps Allan will be the same.

From the three games I've seen so far, we're definitely better balanced.  

We now have a midfield that will control games and a big CB who will get in the way of most crosses into the box; two of our failure points last season hopefully remedied. 

Get our strikers banging them in and I honestly reckon we'll be there or thereabouts. 

Loved this - got to say I think Falkirk are fragile this year, new squad thrown together......when balls are getting slung in the mixer will they fancy digging each other out?

I think McGlynn’s work ethic and togetherness could see us win this.

I’m on at 6/1 anyway.

Buzzing.

Loved this - got to say I think Falkirk are fragile this year, new squad thrown together......when balls are getting slung in the mixer will they fancy digging each other out?

I’m on at 6/1 anyway.

Buzzing.
Falkirk have made some excellent signings but we've seen before how tricky some of these tightly packed defences at away grounds can be.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, raith-radgie said:

I’m on at 6/1 anyway.

Buzzing.

Falkirk have made some excellent signings but we've seen before how tricky some of these tightly packed defences at away grounds can be.

Falkirk have McKinnon...we have McGlynn,   just sayin". ....!

24 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It's only pre season but hopefully Falkirk are ill prepared in some way but McKinnon knows this league and what it takes to get a team out of it.

Which team was that PCK? Genuine question. Be interested to see how long he lasts at FFC before jumping ship~~