The New Raith Rovers Thread

And with the news that Kieron Bowie's teammates have started calling him "Ziggy", we have the highlight of the season already.

Ziggy hates the Pars,
Jamming good with Davo and Bene,
And the Rovers from Stark's...

(I'm not normally very keen on crowbarring Dunfermline into Rovers songs, but that first line is just far too fitting to ignore.)

For others at the game - how would you describe this formation?

Looks to me like a 4-4-2 with a little very narrow midfield diamond. You could throw a napkin over Hendry at the base, Miller just left, Matthews just right and Knox at the tip.

Relies on the fullbacks to provide all the attacking width. MacDonald seems keen, but Watson's a little more hesitant.

How have we got on today? Was at the game on Thursday and we looked quite sharp in the first half., not so much in the second.

Difficult to say. Spartans haven't really offered anything at all going forward, so it's been an exercise in keeping the ball. Their keeper has had to make a few good saves in the second half. Up front, Anderson looks more dangerous than Allan, but Allan's hold up play could be very important this year.

Even in a fairly low gear that was basically attack versus defence for us there. I don’t think it would be too much of an exaggeration to say that about 90% of the game took place in the visitors half.

Pretty low key but an enjoyable enough run about, that could have ended up a good few more if their keeper hadn’t had a decent game.

Still not sure what the plans are for the right back slot. Michael Miller has the number two jersey but hasn’t played any of the friendlies in that position, and I’m still slightly wary about relying on Watson or McKay.

Decent run about though, and for the third friendly in a row we’ve played decent football.

It’s quite good to have a reasonably encouraging pre-season campaign, although I appreciate that positivity will almost certainly dribble from my pores as we start the real stuff.

Can’t wait!