The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we’re talking about our....ahem attempt at football. Check the scene. My desperation to be a goalkeeper basically ended whilst playing 5’s. Years and years of amateur and Sunday league standard. I realised I was fooking awful. At 6’2 you’d never think I’d get lobbed at the 5’s. So I watch the game in envy as I was never meant to play

Aye, but I bet lobbing you with that diving header from 20 yards was a sweet moment for someone 😁

Aye, but I bet lobbing you with that diving header from 20 yards was a sweet moment for someone [emoji16]

Yea ask Barry the animal, he played with the Cannabis 11. A bunch of mates from the greatest pub of all Panthers. He was a meek lad. Me thinking I was a seasoned goalie. Bloody nutmegged me. Great times. The wee boy felt like he was on top of the world. Gutted keeper, happy goal scorer. To this day I get ripped by THAT goal haha.

5 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Big clean up happening today. 

Andy Mill was organising it with a squad of volunteers. 

Forgot to ask but why wasn't this done by the folk who are paid to do this? Not to mention again why don't they use the safety net during the warm up it would help to stop seats being broken and folk being  hurt.

Forgot to ask but why wasn't this done by the folk who are paid to do this? Not to mention again why don't they use the safety net during the warm up it would help to stop seats being broken and folk being  hurt.

Wait. Nobody answer him.

Frank, why do you think that cleaning the stand isn't done by "the folk who are paid to do it"?

Simply because it hasn't been done how fucking thick  are you?

Forgive me, I obviously didn't make myself clear.

I'm not disputing that the stand hasn't been cleaned. I wasn't at the game yesterday, but I fully believe you when you say it hasn't been done. That's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking you - given that the stand hasn't been cleaned - why do you believe that it hasn't been done by "the folk who are paid to do it"?

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm not disputing that the stand hasn't been cleaned. I wasn't at the game yesterday, but I fully believe you when you say it hasn't been done. That's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking you - given that the stand hasn't been cleaned - why do you believe that it hasn't been done by "the folk who are paid to do it"?

How fucking hard is it? We have full time ground staff it doesn't take 6 weeks to clean seats or paint the stairs what is it you don't understand?

Deary me, does anyone on here actually know how many fulltime ground staff there are and if so can they name him?

1 fulltime groundsman who looks after the playing surface and 1 or 2 pt guys who come in to help out, they have more work to do than the old groundsman  used to as the surface is being used 7 days a week.

There are also guys supplied by FRC on community service who help clean up on Mondays after games.

Fulltime ground staff plural?  Some folks are clueless.

Deary me, does anyone on here actually know how many fulltime ground staff there are and if so can they name him?
1 fulltime groundsman who looks after the playing surface and 1 or 2 pt guys who come in to help out, they have more work to do than the old groundsman  used to as the surface is being used 7 days a week.
There are also guys supplied by FRC on community service who help clean up on Mondays after games.

Most people get it. Frank doesn't. His is a simple world.

10 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Two full timers. Thought surface was still being maintained by the installers as this was part of contract. Regarding surface being used 7 days a week. Should this not be SPP who control and manage this ? Bottom line is who do the two gents work for RRFC or SPP ? Sure someone ITK will keep us updated. 

Regarding  Saturday  a win is a good start for the boys. Plenty of positives to build on and some negatives to sort out. Hopefully this is our year. 

11 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm asking you - given that the stand hasn't been cleaned - why do you believe that it hasn't been done by "the folk

who are paid to do it"?

Your answer to Frank Connor is well made however his typical response fo YOu being thick tells all.;)

Hard to believe folk are STILL responding to this "rubbish", ............about rubbish!.

Stick him on ignore, I did that months ago

Edited by Wee Sandy

10 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
10 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Most people get it. Frank doesn't. His is a simple world.

Brushing the pitch doesn't take all day you do realise they use a machine nothing has been done to the south stand in 7 weeks. So it is pretty simple but obviously not for you or Scottydog.