The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Anyone who can, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it dates back to when he played for hearts (?) and dived to win a pen late on when things where all square.

Haud the fucking bus.

The same game, he went head to head with Dougie Hill.

Dougie leaned forward and shitebag Hamill hit the dirt like he was taken out by a sniper, outcome, the ref was conned into sending off oor Dougie

Haud the fucking bus.
The same game, he went head to head with Dougie Hill.
Dougie leaned forward and shitebag Hamill hit the dirt like he was taken out by a sniper, outcome, the ref was conned into sending off oor Dougie
Who was the real shite bag? The guy who feigned being hit? Or oor Douglas who didn't hit the wee shite.

I was still playing at the time so wasn't at the game. My version was based off of hazy recollection.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Who was the real shite bag? The guy who feigned being hit? Or oor Douglas who didn't hit the wee shite.

I was still playing at the time so wasn't at the game. My version was based off of hazy recollection.

Hamill tried it on, Dougie took the bait and pressed his head against Hamill who then recoiled quicker than JFK on Dealy Plaza.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Hamill tried it on, Dougie took the bait and pressed his head against Hamill who then recoiled quicker than JFK on Dealy Plaza.

This, and end of please!! I was no more than 10 yards away, right behind the South Stand goals and the description of events is exactly as described above. Dougie was no angel but Hamill? Cheat and charlatan. 

Not bad for a wee kick about. Hendry was brilliant on the ball. Just need strikers. I take it Bowie was no. 22. If so he has the makings of a good striker. Just needs to believe in himself.

Taking it with the industrial quantity of salt that you have to with these games, was decent enough. Game was played at a decent tempo with a few meaty challenges. 

Back four looked fine, keeper looked decent and I thought Anderson played well as did Bowie. Victoria looked a bit off it, and Allan didn't do much at all when on. Really need a striker. 

Hendry didn't get out of second gear and was easily the best player on the pitch, really excited to see how he does this season. 

Agree with most of the comments on here. We probably just about deserved the win. Of the new players Munro looked confident but wasn't tested much, MacDonald got up and down the park well and looked an upgrade on Crane, Mendy didn't convince early on but went on to play well, Miller was solid enough, and Anderson did a decent job up front. Victoria was pretty hopeless barring a couple of fancy flicks and tricks. Let's hope he's eased out of the side early on.
The two trialists were also disappointing and I wouldn't be unhappy to see them shown the door. No 9 in particular looked slow and unfit.
Of the youngsters Bowie showed more potential but just needs to keep a cooler head in the opposition box while Watson unfortunately is looking unlikely to ever be good enough for us.

Should you not be called ‘Ro Sham Boo’? Negativity dripping off this post.

You’ve see Victoria play once for us, in the first pre season friendly after joining up for pre season but already hope he is “eased out of the side early on”?Get that attitude to f**k, you moany c**t! Victoria has been brilliantly against us over the last couple of seasons. I actually hope he becomes even more of a success than I think he will be now so that comment really bites you on the arse. Just to reiterate, he’s played one game, one pre season friendly, where he won’t be anywhere close to full match sharpness and you already want rid. Mental.

Watson has only just turned 20 and by most accounts on here played well. Let’s not be to hasty eh? He won’t get any better sitting on the bench.

I doubt it, I played Jr level and "retired" 5 years ago. That wasn't really the point I was making though.

If we’re talking about our....ahem attempt at football. Check the scene. My desperation to be a goalkeeper basically ended whilst playing 5’s. Years and years of amateur and Sunday league standard. I realised I was fooking awful. At 6’2 you’d never think I’d get lobbed at the 5’s. So I watch the game in envy as I was never meant to play

53 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Should you not be called ‘Ro Sham Boo’? Negativity dripping off this post.

You’ve see Victoria play once for us, in the first pre season friendly after joining up for pre season but already hope he is “eased out of the side early on”?Get that attitude to f**k, you moany c**t! Victoria has been brilliantly against us over the last couple of seasons. I actually hope he becomes even more of a success than I think he will be now so that comment really bites you on the arse. Just to reiterate, he’s played one game, one pre season friendly, where he won’t be anywhere close to full match sharpness and you already want rid. Mental.

Watson has only just turned 20 and by most accounts on here played well. Let’s not be to hasty eh? He won’t get any better sitting on the bench.

What exactly is the point of friendlies if not to make snap judgements about new signings?

Vitoria has played well against us but not many other teams judging by his record and there was enough on show yesterday to see why he was punted by Murray. If he's going to be a regular this season we're in big trouble. He's a back up and no more.

Watson is hopeless. His use of the ball is awful. He'll never make the grade as a senior player. McKay is a much better option and he's not even a right back.

Barring these two and the fat trialist the rest of them were fine.

What exactly is the point of friendlies if not to make snap judgements about new signings?
Vitoria has played well against us but not many other teams judging by his record and there was enough on show yesterday to see why he was punted by Murray. If he's going to be a regular this season we're in big trouble. He's a back up and no more.
Watson is hopeless. His use of the ball is awful. He'll never make the grade as a senior player. McKay is a much better option and he's not even a right back.
Barring these two and the fat trialist the rest of them were fine.

Wow. Just, wow.