The New Raith Rovers Thread

Winning or losing preseason friendlies isn’t of any great importance, they always say it’s more about gaining match sharpness, bedding in the new guys and identify weaknesses. On the other hand a wins a win and McGlynn has often said it’s a great habit to form.

i won’t get to any of the preseason games so I’ll be interested to hear from those there what their views are, particularly where we looked strong and where we didn’t.

Nando was named man of the match and, in fairness, grew into the game as it progressed, making a glorious headed clearance late on. 

However, for me, Regan Hendry was several levels above anyone else on the park. The only issue is that he's mentally so far ahead of everyone else that a couple of moves broke down as no one read what he was about to do. 

I'm probably getting completely carried away, but he looks very much in the Silky Hetherston mould. 

Nando was named man of the match and, in fairness, grew into the game as it progressed, making a glorious headed clearance late on. 
However, for me, Regan Hendry was several levels above anyone else on the park. The only issue is that he's mentally so far ahead of everyone else that a couple of moves broke down as no one read what he was about to do. 
I'm probably getting completely carried away, but he looks very much in the Silky Hetherston mould. 
Agree, nando does look like he'll have a mistake in him but he does look a good find. He's not going to lose many high balls anyway.

Winning or losing preseason friendlies isn’t of any great importance, they always say it’s more about gaining match sharpness, bedding in the new guys and identify weaknesses. On the other hand a wins a win and McGlynn has often said it’s a great habit to form.
i won’t get to any of the preseason games so I’ll be interested to hear from those there what their views are, particularly where we looked strong and where we didn’t.

Nando is a no nonsense CB. He’ll definitely get sent off a couple of times this year but looked so good in the air. Just a bit clumsy with the ball at his feet.

Munro didn’t really have a save to make. Came out to collect crosses though which is something, us Rovers fans aren’t used to seeing in a keeper.

Anderson looked just as fit and able as he did when he left. Be a big player for us this year I reckon. Also anyone that claims that he doesn’t have a final ball probably won’t be saying that after today. Most of his balls in were excellent.

Victoria is a technically gifted player but always tried one thing too many.

Hendry [emoji7] - no more needs to be said there.

Lewis Allan( no. 9 trialist) didn’t look up to much. Maybe needs more time to prove himself though. I’m sure he’ll get that over the next couple of friendlies.

Spencer again came on with like 15 to go. Didn’t have much of a chance to show what he can do.

MacDonald slotted in at LB and looked really good going forward. The difference between him and somebody like McHattie or Crane though is MacDonald has the legs to get back.

Miller was a strange one, wearing the number 2, I expected to see him in at RB but Watson played their. It looked like Miller was playing in front of the Back 4. Did well to take the ball from Bene and Nando and carry it forward though.

The number 21(Matthew Knox) looked really good at linking up play and bringing others into the game when he came on.

My MotM though was Kieran Bowie. Put a real shift and looks like he can be an excellent player for us.

Regan Hendry though! [emoji7]

I know it was only a friendly against a team in a lower league but there was definitely a lot of positives to take from that today.