The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Are the rovers colour not navy blue , red & white ?

Not as consistently as you'd think.

We were navy in the 50s, went with predominantly white shirts in the 60s, then fairly royal blue through the 70s and early 80s. Didnt go navy again until the mid 80s, then back to lighter blue through the early 90s, getting darker with the diadora tops but only really hitting Navy again in 95/96. The red piping is a fairly newish thing that didnt appear until those late 80s kits as well and kinda vanished again until the badge changed.

Edited by renton

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Not as consistently as you'd think.

We were navy in the 50s, went with predominantly white shirts in the 60s, then fairly royal blue through the 70s and early 80s. Didnt go navy again until the mid 80s, then back to lighter blue through the early 90s, getting darker with the diadora tops but only really hitting Navy again in 95/96. The red piping is a fairly newish thing that didnt appear until those late 80s kits as well and kinda vanished again until the badge changed.

Jimmy Nicholl apparently didn't like having red in the home kit we haven't really had much red in the home strips since 92/93 season. 

Just now, Frank conner said:

Jimmy Nicholl apparently didn't like having red in the home kit we haven't really had much red in the home strips since 92/93 season. 

The 10/11 home top had a fair bit, really did not like that one. 

I'm just glad we can afford to have white shorts now. Seem to recall us being stuck with Navy shorts through McGlynn's first tenure because the YTS boys were doing the washing and could't be trusted with lights and darks together:lol:

3 minutes ago, renton said:

The 10/11 home top had a fair bit, really did not like that one. 

I'm just glad we can afford to have white shorts now. Seem to recall us being stuck with Navy shorts through McGlynn's first tenure because the YTS boys were doing the washing and could't be trusted with lights and darks together:lol:

I really, really liked the 10/11 kits :lol:

I've always associated the Rovers with having some form of red. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Oh no.

Why is the back panel a different colour to the rest?

It's very "the t-shirt your auntie buys you at Christmas when you're nine but even then you know you'll never wear it".

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

It would be a pretty good effort if the back wasn't completely different

59 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If the back was the same as the front I think it would look okay. Looks a bit like the design we had in the early 90s, the season Connor left and Nicholl took over, albeit that was a different shade of blue.

58 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Like the front design, it looks smart. Not keen on the back though. Hey but at the end of the day it's a raith shirt so I'll still buy it. 

56 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Agreed. Would look better if the back was the same as the front. Still a good effort.

34 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Back panel ruins it for me on the new one. 

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Initially thought the back was the way it was so the squad number was easier to see/read but looking at it don’t see any reason why they couldn’t have made it the same all over.

I'm in agreement with you lot, it's almost as if Puma run out of the front material and thought f**k it! that'll do!

Wasn't there a funny issue like that with the tops they produced for the Scottish cup semi-final V Dundee Utd?

Really like the shorts and socks,  also quite like the front of the top too but that different back seems a bit pointless to me, all kind of ruins the whole thing a little tbh.