The New Raith Rovers Thread

Totally agree, it appears that certain fans will never be happy. It appears this season McGlynn is going with height and strength. Tippy tappy push hasn't worked so I've no issues with us bullying teams. Reserve judgement on players until the season is underway and we have Vaughan and Dingwall fit along with a loan player or two plus, Hendry, Spencer and Bene. Plus I believe we are very close to signing a striker. 

Totally agree, it appears that certain fans will never be happy. It appears this season McGlynn is going with height and strength. Tippy tappy push hasn't worked so I've no issues with us bullying teams. Reserve judgement on players until the season is underway and we have Vaughan and Dingwall fit along with a loan player or two plus, Hendry, Spencer and Bene. Plus I believe we are very close to signing a striker. 
A Spanish boy?

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry but there's not a chance in hell that French N3 level is similar to the standard of the Championship here.

I think there might be a misconception among some that N3 is the French 3rd tier, but it's effectively their non league set up, so yeah, I doubt it will be anywhere near that standard.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Didn't he bring us a few players during the very late 90s/very early 00s? 

I think he was involved in us signing the likes of Agathe and JP Javary. Around that sort of time.

^^^^this. Hopefully McGlynn will find a striker, as I seriously hope he isn’t relying solely on Victoria and Anderson getting the goals. Bowie and Smith are nowhere near ready either.

Anyone know If lewis allen is still on trial with us? Mcglynn seems to be doing a good job addressing the problem areas we had last year.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Scott McBride? 

1 hour ago, Wildrover said:

Ooft, what a charlatan, in all his yellow boots time with us he crashed a free kick of the bar at East Fife and failed to beat a single man ever!

'Scored the winner for the Rovers in the reserve league cup final' Is the only thing he should be allowed to put on his CV.

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Get the "regionalised" draw, tinpot name and the entire shitty tournament to f**k. 

The owner of this company backed Better Together in 2014 and got knighted for it. I'll never eat another Cuntocks Caramel Wafer in my life.

Tory fuckin b*****d.

Tunnocks.PNG

ETA And I won't be going to any games in this competition.

Edited by Beachbum

5 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

The owner of this company backed Better Together in 2014 and got knighted for it. I'll never eat another Cuntocks Caramel Wafer in my life.

Tory fuckin b*****d.

Tunnocks.PNG

Can't say the owner's political views are any of my concern tbh. They could've just called it the "Tunnock's Challenge Cup" and it would've been fine. 

But the "Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup"? Fucking hell. It just sounds unbelievably small time. Betfred calling the League Cup the "Betfred Fixed Odds Betting Terminal League Cup" or some nonsense. Utterly dismal. 

Then again, the cup has been arsed around with that much that the name sort of befits it. It'll lose us money and, knowing our recent history, probably our first choice goalkeeper to a season-long injury as well. Get it to f**k. 

Tory fuckin b*****d.
Tunnocks.PNG.670fa1ccdbf1afcf3ee1c6dec079f557.PNG

Great attitude, pal! Do the club you support out of money by boycotting games because somebody who owns a company who sponsors a cup has a different political option to you. Numpty.