The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anybody think our strip will be like Falkirks with local detail on the sleeve? The advert pic on the website is a bit different and makes me think we might go down the same route. If it is, what local things would you like on it?
I can't see it personally but if we're talking local attractions, yer maw will Shirley be on it (couldn't resist, apologies)

Unless we don’t get promoted, in which case he’ll leave for nothing...
We haven't actually had a player leave for nothing because we weren't promoted other than perhaps Gillespie, who showed up 1/5 games? He was probably the player who dissapointed me most last season. He had recent experience in the premiership, then played with Dundee utd and you could see why from time to time, but I think we have a better player in hendry.

4 hours ago, Wardy said:

Updated...

A little bit of Davey in the sticks

A little bit of Bene at the back

A little bit of Regan on the ball

A little bit of Louie scoring the goals

A little bit of Tony down the wing

A little bit of Joao beating his man

A little bit of Granty heading it on

A little bit of McGlynn makes me a Rovers man

NANDO NUMBER FIVE

Started off ok then got worse and worse. 

Hopefully not a metaphor for Nando’s time with us

Edited by pantene proV

See what this lad is like hopefully a new Marvin Andrews but only time will tell. Think we still need a striker be it P/T or F/T as we look significantly weaker up top without Nisbet and Buchanan

^^^^this. Hopefully McGlynn will find a striker, as I seriously hope he isn’t relying solely on Victoria and Anderson getting the goals. Bowie and Smith are nowhere near ready either.

5 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Anybody think our strip will be like Falkirks with local detail on the sleeve? The advert pic on the website is a bit different and makes me think we might go down the same route. If it is, what local things would you like on it?

Carlton fudge doughnut 

^^^^this. Hopefully McGlynn will find a striker, as I seriously hope he isn’t relying solely on Victoria and Anderson getting the goals. Bowie and Smith are nowhere near ready either.
We will more than likely be signing a forward on loan and we also have some on trial. There's no danger of us sticking with what we've got up front.

11 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Massively underwhelmed by this signing, it has Anelka written all over it.

That's some leap: comparing a properly recruited, on trial for a week (two weeks, if you count the pre-season training done before the contract was signed) John McGlynn signing with a Claude "you're French - here's a contract" Anelka signing....

Edited by Niall Russell

That's some leap: comparing a properly recruited, on trial for a week (two weeks, if you count the pre-season training done before the contract was signed) John McGlynn signing with a Claude "you're French - here's a contract" Anelka signing....

Let the negative folk be negative. It’s their only enjoyment.

In any case, I'd like to think we are a few additions away from having an actual team, not just a collection of random players whose sole objective is to get the ball as far and fast up the pitch as possible.