The New Raith Rovers Thread

Far be it from me to lavish praise upon someone on the basis of a highlights reel but it’s hard to envisage a situation where we don’t win the league in March now.

Until we sign some Spanish guy, it’s Falkirk’s to lose.

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Remember when the Pars support were in the papers for racist chants and abuse of black players?

Stay classy, you filthy animals.

A while back but yes I vaguely recollect it.

How much for this guys' release clause in, say, January?

Thanks in advance..........

29 minutes ago, Paco said:

Brian played once, and while he didn’t do anything wrong he didn’t really have a great deal to do either against a Forfar side playing with ten men for most of the match. I’ve no idea what the fee we’d have to pay is, but would you really want a club which lost £400k that season to be paying a fee on a young and essentially untested goalkeeper?

Barry Smith had no choice but to play Sam McGuff, Thomson got injured and McGuff, our other signed goalie, was on the bench. Not like he just plucked him out the stands and gave him a pair of gloves.

There’s been some absolute nonsense posted about our young players in the last few days. To think there was people panicking about McGlynn speaking highly of Jack Smith and Kieron Bowie the other week there too...

And he played in the friendlies too, particularly had a great game against the pars. Yes, considering the torture goalkeeping we've seen since then, he was no worse than them. I don't understand why you are saying that is nonsense considering everyone goes on about our youth system. I cant imagine the fee would have been astronomical if there was even a fee to be paid in the first place. Also, surely there will be some sort of fee involved in loaning keepers for the past couple of seasons? Or does that not count cause it works against your argument?  There's no risk and reward from just chucking a young keeper when he showed signs of having good potential. Why would you not want to give him a chance and work with him and see if he progresses? That's ludicrous.

He heads balls into the air at height,

Way out of sight, Fernandy.

He came from France to sign for John McGlynn.

He’s our lynchpin, Fernandy.

And he never thinks that we can lose.

There’s just no threat.

If he had to do the same again,

He would, my friend, Fernandy

2FA2D1C0-4B39-494C-8F62-0FCDD69CD2EA-8161-00000777DC26A8DF.jpg.0c7f85fbcb89233f8acc172bcb519772.jpg

23 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He heads balls into the air at height,

Way out of sight, Fernandy.

He came from France to sign for John McGlynn.

He’s our lynchpin, Fernandy.

And he never thinks that we can lose.

There’s just no threat.

If he had to do the same again,

He would, my friend, Fernandy

2FA2D1C0-4B39-494C-8F62-0FCDD69CD2EA-8161-00000777DC26A8DF.jpg.0c7f85fbcb89233f8acc172bcb519772.jpg

Lyrical genius