The New Raith Rovers Thread

I meant a player that left with little to no first team experience and flourished elsewhere. Bates also spent most of his time on the bench.

Mackie was sold for a £25k fee plus add ons, when he’d just turned 17, and he moved to a far bigger club.

There’s an argument that we should be playing these lads for 100 matches before we consider letting them go, but it isn’t as if we just let him go because he wasn’t good enough, or ignored him - he’d only just turned 17 when he was sold.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Reece Donaldson.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:

He was OK with us tbh. I thought he had potential emoji23.png

When Reece left us he left what ever talent he had behind.

He ended his senior career playing hoofball with East Stirlingshire and pretty much cost them their place in the top leagues when he hacked down an Edinburgh City player top give them a winning play off penalty.

Mackie was sold for a £25k fee plus add ons, when he’d just turned 17, and he moved to a far bigger club.

There’s an argument that we should be playing these lads for 100 matches before we consider letting them go, but it isn’t as if we to let him go because he wasn’t good enough.

I'm just hoping the youngsters at the back this season, don't have to listen to Davo giving them his idea of encouragement on the pitch this season.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Not exactly proving me wrong...

Just like the rovers defender that went to East Fife and played pretty much every game and was stand out. What he is saying maybe other clubs have a better understanding of developing young players or develop them better. Irrespective of the club he is at.

Who was that?

If foreverarover had just stopped after Rory Brian I would have agreed with him. I think it was a travesty we let him go. Played a few games and looked more than capable of doing a job and he was young so could only improve. Fee or no fee, he was the best prospect of a goalkeeper we had for a long time and think it was stupid to let him go. Barry smith did McGuff no favours by playing him in the betfred cup as he was so raw, however you’d have looked at those games and said there’s no way he can get anywhere near the first team so can’t say they were wrong in letting him go. As I said prior, county fans say Munro is a good prospect and did well when given a chance... he can’t be much worse than what we’ve been lumped with over the years.... surely?!?

If foreverarover had just stopped after Rory Brian I would have agreed with him. I think it was a travesty we let him go. Played a few games and looked more than capable of doing a job and he was young so could only improve. Fee or no fee, he was the best prospect of a goalkeeper we had for a long time and think it was stupid to let him go. Barry smith did McGuff no favours by playing him in the betfred cup as he was so raw, however you’d have looked at those games and said there’s no way he can get anywhere near the first team so can’t say they were wrong in letting him go. As I said prior, county fans say Munro is a good prospect and did well when given a chance... he can’t be much worse than what we’ve been lumped with over the years.... surely?!?

Brian played once, and while he didn’t do anything wrong he didn’t really have a great deal to do either against a Forfar side playing with ten men for most of the match. I’ve no idea what the fee we’d have to pay is, but would you really want a club which lost £400k that season to be paying a fee on a young and essentially untested goalkeeper?

Barry Smith had no choice but to play Sam McGuff, Thomson got injured and McGuff, our other signed goalie, was on the bench. Not like he just plucked him out the stands and gave him a pair of gloves.

There’s been some absolute nonsense posted about our young players in the last few days. To think there was people panicking about McGlynn speaking highly of Jack Smith and Kieron Bowie the other week there too...

On 21/06/2019 at 18:24, grumswall said:
On 21/06/2019 at 18:17, da_no_1 said:
Remind me how the season finished. Oh aye you shat your pants in the play offs. Again emoji106.png

Yet, you couldn't beat us... Your trolling is getting a bit laborious on this thread. You lose as soon as a pic of Vaughan is put up. Give it a rest.

Does he? 

If we're putting up pictures of old games we'd be aswell putting one up that actually meant something. 

image.jpg1__3818.jpg.9970666c08ddc8e8c66cdc4c31b8ff99.jpg

Like that. That was great. 

On 22/06/2019 at 09:02, Raith_Hoevers said:

Is the Maby new center back black? Don’t want to sound racist but a big black unit at the back for for headers and attacking corners/set peace’s wi opposition bouncing off him will be great at this level. No matter the race sound like McGlynn is getting in some height for this season

Wow. 

24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Fernandy, oo-way-o
Fernandy, oo-way-o
He comes from northern France,
He fucking hates the Pars

Wow.