The New Raith Rovers Thread

I seen Jean-Alain Boumsong at the exchequar yesterday and got a couple of pictures with him. I didnt see the transfer gossip about a french defender until now or I would have obviously asked him about that! He said he was in Scotland with family and I presumed he must of enjoyed it here whilst at Rangers. Surely cant be signing because he must be about 40. 

Edited by MethilMink

7 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Seems Dean Lyness is coming back to us as backup to Hladky - was he any use for you? Seemed quite competent in the handful of games he played for us.. 

On the whole looked quite poor in my opinion. 

Seems Dean Lyness is coming back to us as backup to Hladky - was he any use for you? Seemed quite competent in the handful of games he played for us.. 

Looked very poor for us. Our last 6/7 goals conceded of the season were due to either him or Crane.

Ironically the only reason we were still in the playoff tie down in Dumfries though was due to him making a few outstanding saves.

Rated poorly by the Rovers fans mainly. He had one decent game at Palmerston, if you look back through the last few pages you’ll see most wanted him gone and few were disappointed when he left. Maybe it’ll work out better for him at his next club.

I predict a signing today.

According to the Daily Record, Ross Munro is joining you guys on a development loan. Highly rated young keeper, for whatever that’s worth.

Very raw, but a full season of first team games will help him no end.

According to the Daily Record, Ross Munro is joining you guys on a development loan. Highly rated young keeper, for whatever that’s worth.

Very raw, but a full season of first team games will help him no end.

Highly unlikely he’ll be getting a full season of first team games, with McGurn and also Thomson coming back in a few months both being at the club but he will certainly get a fair chance with McGlynn known to favour a bit of a ‘keeper rotation policy.