The New Raith Rovers Thread

The squad is starting to take shape with recent signings and another centre half about to sign. We needed changes to defence and midfield and JM has delivered. We look like we will be a big strong physical side which will be hard to beat. I reckon we have a Gk still to sign and either 2 strikers or a striker and a right winger to come in.  I'm also saw a young lad who is currently staying at the Strathearn Hotel who I believe may be training with the club. Dingwall done this last season. Build stature etc would suggest an attacking player. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

The squad is starting to take shape with recent signings and another centre half about to sign. We needed changes to defence and midfield and JM has delivered. We look like we will be a big strong physical side which will be hard to beat. I reckon we have a Gk still to sign and either 2 strikers or a striker and a right winger to come in.  I'm also saw a young lad who is currently staying at the Strathearn Hotel who I believe may be training with the club. Dingwall done this last season. Build stature etc would suggest an attacking player. 

FYI:  Noted elsewhere that Aaron Lennox is training with us

Yep, if Lennox/another goalie and the French guy sign we’re sorted apart from a couple of strikers and maybe a winger. Lewis Allan is on trial, McGlynn has a loanee in mind, he’s clearly looking for the forwards. He’s got it in hand.

FYI:  Noted elsewhere that Aaron Lennox is training with us
Lennox isn't a bad 'keeper but for a' keeper to be injured as often as he is there's something wrong there. If we start the season with lennox, a 38 (39?) year old mcgurn and Thomson out till January were asking for trouble which normally finds its way to our goalkeeping department without help. Don't think lennox really done that great with Cowden last season although I didn't actually see him play for them.

Quite happy with how the squad is shaping up though. Are we likely to challenge Falkirk? No, probably not but realistically were probably aiming for 2nd and if we can mount any sort of title challenge then we certainly have players who are capable of playing in a few different positions and systems to help that.

Not too fussed at Lyness leavi g tbh. Aaron is a great bloke who was desperately unlucky with injuries (particularly the DUFC u19 breaking his jaw) and wouldn't be the worst signing.
I'm not sure signing another centre half is the best use of resources but if the new French guy comes and it goes well then all good and well. In McGlynn we trust. Hopefully it can all slot nicely into place and gel some by the time the real action starts.

Lennox isn't a bad 'keeper but for a' keeper to be injured as often as he is there's something wrong there. If we start the season with lennox, a 38 (39?) year old mcgurn and Thomson out till January were asking for trouble which normally finds its way to our goalkeeping department without help. Don't think lennox really done that great with Cowden last season although I didn't actually see him play for them.

Quite happy with how the squad is shaping up though. Are we likely to challenge Falkirk? No, probably not but realistically were probably aiming for 2nd and if we can mount any sort of title challenge then we certainly have players who are capable of playing in a few different positions and systems to help that.

Lennox isn't a bad 'keeper but for a' keeper to be injured as often as he is there's something wrong there.

A wee bit unfair perhaps, the injury at Arbroath that finished his last stint was a freak occurance same as Thomson's injury at Stenny and the broken jaw against Dundee It's U19s could have happened just as easily to Cuthbert had he been in goal that day.

A wee bit unfair perhaps, the injury at Arbroath that finished his last stint was a freak occurance same as Thomson's injury at Stenny and the broken jaw against Dundee It's U19s could have happened just as easily to Cuthbert had he been in goal that day.
Aye that's true scotty, I'm more talking about his other injuries. I'm sure he only played a couple games or so at thistle then was out for a while and I'm sure he had his problems at Cowden, on top of his other injuries whilst with us.

The players page seems as up to date as it can be. Three short of our quota of 21 players.

Lennox?
Allan?
Striker

A goalie and the French centre half take us to 20. Hopefully two strikers to follow as I think that’s where we’re let down at the moment.

Aaron Lennox training with us according the FFP article about Lyness leaving

Hope he’s just training and that’s it. You could put Lennox, Lyness and Thomson in goals all at once and still concede.