The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

He’s huge, he’s French and McGlynn has seen enough to sign him after only a few days pre season rather than wait till the friendlies? I’m not one to get carried away but I don’t see how this doesn’t turn out to be our best signing ever...

He can only be our best ever signing if he's black.

Another cult figure in the Rougier / Marv / Tade mould would be just braw.

Personally I've got no problem keeping McKay at right back assuming he can use the pre-season training, friendlies and cup games to iron out the kinks in his game in that position. I actually think he can do well there if he van work on his positioning further up the park.

That way, if you want a 4-2-3-1, you have a back 4 of McKay-Bene-French guy-Macdonald which should be a far more imposing back line than last year.

The three in front you go with Miller and Spencer with Hendry sitting just in front. Miller gives you extra height in the middle and soem dig alongside Spencer, Hendry gets a more free role where he looked excellent last season.

Up top we are thin, but when he's back you play Vaughan on the left where he caused all kinds of havoc before, one of Victoria or Anderson on the right to give us more physicality and pace nad then we just need to find some kind of amazing all scoring number 9...

Personally I've got no problem keeping McKay at right back assuming he can use the pre-season training, friendlies and cup games to iron out the kinks in his game in that position. I actually think he can do well there if he van work on his positioning further up the park.
That way, if you want a 4-2-3-1, you have a back 4 of McKay-Bene-French guy-Macdonald which should be a far more imposing back line than last year.
The three in front you go with Miller and Spencer with Hendry sitting just in front. Miller gives you extra height in the middle and soem dig alongside Spencer, Hendry gets a more free role where he looked excellent last season.
Up top we are thin, but when he's back you play Vaughan on the left where he caused all kinds of havoc before, one of Victoria or Anderson on the right to give us more physicality and pace nad then we just need to find some kind of amazing all scoring number 9...

I don't see Ross Matthews not starting under McGlynn, at least initially, after the way he's talked him up recently.

9 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I don't see Ross Matthews not starting under McGlynn, at least initially, after the way he's talked him up recently.

Aye, true. Assuming the Matthews from the play offs turns up he should be a guaranteed starter.

20 minutes ago, renton said:

I would agree with this. Possibly an unpopular opinion but I actually thought McKay performances were better at right back than centre back last season. I think once he develops greater physicality and improves in the air he will be a very good centre half but I think right back might be a good position for him at this stage in his development. 

6 minutes ago, patricelad said:

IMG_1560952189.760502.jpg could be him

Surely wouldn't need international clesrence with his last club being based in the UK? 

On 18/06/2019 at 12:03, baillieinleeds said:

An experience the #DDCB’s know all to well.

22 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m gonnae go debt dodging cheating b*****ds. Painfully unfunny, if so.

Baillieinleeds is my favourite Raith poster. 

25 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Looking forward to signing him next year if he's any good. 

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Squad definitely taking shape now. If the french defender signs how many more signings do we think we need? As said, hopefully he can cover left back, in which case I think ideally I’d still want at least another 4 including loans. 

Miller and the Frenchman give us 7 defenders so can’t see anymore additions there. It’s safe to assume Miller will be our right back.

We need another keeper with Thomson out. Pretty glad it won’t by Lyness, he wasn’t the liability I thought he’d be in the play offs and his best game was his last down at Queens but he was very poor previously.

Obviously the players needed will be dependant on the formation we are planning to use but I am guessing a 4-2-3-1 will be McGlynn’s preference. I think as a minimum we need a ‘keeper, another wide player and 2 strikers. That’s taking the view that Vaughan when fit will be the 10 and Hendry will be part of the midfield 2. If McGlynn sees Hendry further forward and wants to play Vaughan wide left then the required signing moves from a wide player to another midfielder IMO.

All in all, happy with how quickly we have done our business this year. Nice contrast from last year when we started the league cup campaign with 4 subs and 2 teenage full backs playing wide midfield. Also noticeable the improved versatility of the squad. Of the outfield signings so far nearly all of them are capable of playing in a couple of positions.

Very well put, last seasons bet fred cup was a disaster with a bare minimum squad and now dispite the doom n gloom we do have options. Maybe not the quality of a Murray Nisbet or Gillespie yet but not as bleek as it some make ot out to be especially with the loans to come