The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Missed this, what happened ?

Gordon presented Sinky at half time and he was less than complementary towards our west of Fife neighbours...…………………….. twice.

Edited by Zen Archer

Loving this twenty past one haddie coming on and dismissing an unfinished squad and quoting the Division as being stronger without his all conquering hero's in it.

Let's look at Rbroath instead, signed nobody and appears will attempt survival with much the same guys who admittedly did well last term. Am I right in saying they only used 19 players in the league last season? Do they think this is the norm and can be repeated? 

I prophocise them doing a Brechin, perhaps not quite so spectacularly (who could?) but barring reconstruction (or QotS not signing anyone at all) relegation none the less. 

Loving this twenty past one haddie coming on and dismissing an unfinished squad and quoting the Division as being stronger without his all conquering hero's in it.
Let's look at Rbroath instead, signed nobody and appears will attempt survival with much the same guys who admittedly did well last term. Am I right in saying they only used 19 players in the league last season? Do they think this is the norm and can be repeated? 
I prophocise them doing a Brechin, perhaps not quite so spectacularly (who could?) but barring reconstruction (or QotS not signing anyone at all) relegation none the less. 

The truth is, they have every right to rip the utter piss. They may well come back straight back down. They were way better than anyone in the league.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anything

Raith seem to have got a fair bit weaker, after finishing third, in a league that is now stronger

Why worry about us ? Worry about yourself ! Do you think you will be as lucky with injuries this season no , have you strengthened an already ageing squad no . We just dandy thanks

2 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Armstrong okoflex could be the striker

2 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Armstrong okoflex could be the striker

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

?

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Wind up !!  ;)

According to Mcglynn in his interview if he hits the jackpot in regards to a loan signing it could well be the chap mentioned by our East Fife friend. Mr Ok-flex plays for Celtic and is regarded highly

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

According to Mcglynn in his interview if he hits the jackpot in regards to a loan signing it could well be the chap mentioned by our East Fife friend. Mr Ok-flex plays for Celtic and is regarded highly

Sssssh.....(ah ken, ah ken min,we can but hope!!) Keep quiet with fingers crossed!

Edited by Wee Sandy

It is still Puma. It was buried in this week's Rovers Digest that the kit delivery has been delayed by up to two weeks. The launch was originally planned for 20 June, and there's no new date yet.

I’m really pleased we’re still using Puma, a quality product. Hopefully it’ll happen soon.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

The truth is, they have every right to rip the utter piss. They may well come back straight back down. They were way better than anyone in the league.

No argument from me on who was the better and hungrier side nor though who got the luckier with injuries. Arbroath sustained no lengthy let alone season ending injuries and as such being able to field virtually the same 1st choice  players proved to be massive, I doubt that they will carry such fortune 2 seasons running.

Seeing the proposed lineups here gives me absolutely no faith that Raith will be joining us in the championship. 

Best chance is for us to get relegated, definitely more likely. 

It will look a lot strong with Vaughan, Dingwall and 2-3 loan players. Would be fantastic to get some regular fixtures against the Townies again, wouldn’t complain if we switched leagues though!

37 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It will look a lot strong with Vaughan, Dingwall and 2-3 loan players. Would be fantastic to get some regular fixtures against the Townies again, wouldn’t complain if we switched leagues though!

That would be better than the status quo, but imagine how good it would be going back to the old division one we had for so many years in the 90's when it was us, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dundee.

Four really good, well supported sides within a few miles of each other battling it out for the league.  Those were the days....