The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

We hope so.

1 hour ago, ewan_fife said:

That’s what I’m thinking aswell

I was thinking he was at United with McKinnon but just read he joined in the January under Laszlo.

We have to believe, 3 seasons in this bloody abyss is torture. If McGlynn has shown that kind of faith then that’s good enough for me. Oh and btw I was never seething about Murray and Nisbet leaving. And now Gillespie. Absolutely chuffed about McKay. It’ll be a big season for him and one he’ll totally excell in.

8 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I hope you're right but I have major concerns. As I've said before hard work is all well and good but you need quality to go up and I don't see from the signings and re-signings, Hendry and McKay apart, that we're going to be anywhere near good enough.

Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

Hendry and Spencer are good signings. Macdonald can't be worse than any left back we've had in a few years. Our midfield already looks far more mobile and far more combative and probably better on the ball than last season.

Victoria I think will be pretty handy out wide, he's McGlynns idea of a winger, sheer power over silky passing. Looked dangerous last season against us. I'd class him as an interesting gamble.

McKay signing back on is good. Davo is Davo, but there is an opportunity to balance the defence better. Ando was a better player than his final ball reputation deserved and still stung us last year. A game changer? Probably not. A bigger influence than Flanagan? Certainly.

We also still have Vaughan and Dingwall who will provide quality on the ball. We need to bring in forwards, a right back another centre mid and a keeper. Then if we can get a loan or two we'll be no worse certainly than the team that started last season.

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Gillespie to sign for Falkirk now and be player of the season.

It's amazing how many of the players that we've either released or fans are happy to see leave have or look likely ending up at higher league clubs. Not necessarily a berometer of ability but surely would show given the right management should have been successful with us.

Davidson will start next season guaranteed alongside Benedictus. He's not being signed on as a coach but as a full time defender. He should not be anywhere near the starting 11 and going by this McGlynn comments that's where he'll be.

Amazed at the lack of concern from the fans at the state of the squad. Pining hopes on the same defence and 2 players both of whom have or will be coming back from serious long term injuries and who won't have kicked a ball competitively for months.

No thanks to Gillespie.

Actually, big Nat vacating the midfield berth for Matthews WILL make the defence harder to get at it must be said 

McGlynn must think so too. If you run through the regular goalies/defenders from last season, he’s offered deals to Lyness, Davidson, Benedictus and McKay, attempted to keep Crane, and Thomson/Murray were already under contract.

Wedderburn is the only one he’s actively tried to shake. So why did he always play? It’s odd, really.

I’m McGlynn’s biggest fan, I’m broadly content with the players we’re bringing in, but I’ve no idea at all what he’s playing at with the defence. If we can end up with a new RB, McKay/Bene and MacDonald, with McGurn or a new goalie behind them, I’ll be pretty happy with that. Lyness, McKay at RB, Bene/Davo, MacDonald? Well, Grant Anderson probably sums it up best.

IMG_7622.jpg

I think the reason there’s a general lack of concern about the squad is because it’s THE 14th OF JUNE!

McGlynn is doing exactly what McGlynn does. He’s bringing in solid, hard working players that will run and fight for 90 minutes and won’t shit the bed when the pressure is on. It won’t be pretty but it’ll be effective.

MacDonald will do 90 mins of running easy, Be lucky if Victoria runs a whole 9 mins of 90 min game and as for trying ha [emoji23]

MacDonald will do 90 mins of running easy, Be lucky if Victoria runs a whole 9 mins of 90 min game and as for trying ha [emoji23]  

McGlynn will turn him into a hard working goal machine. Absolutely no doubts about that whatsoever...

ETA: I may have some doubts

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

We have to believe, 3 seasons in this bloody abyss is torture. If McGlynn has shown that kind of faith then that’s good enough for me. Oh and btw I was never seething about Murray and Nisbet leaving. And now Gillespie. Absolutely chuffed about McKay. It’ll be a big season for him and one he’ll totally excell in.

With the signings you boys are making make that 5 seasons in this bloody abyss,nae luck.

19 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Great news for the rest of the teams in this league with Davidson signing on again.

If starting play from the back is a 30 yard punt to nobody then he’s your man.

Or firing a fine controlled half-volley in at Long’s far-post,he,s our man

32 minutes ago, renton said:

How come?

Basically I'd notice he fumes every time Rovers get one over East Fife. After the last game against East Fife, I threw out a tweet about someone gathering his tears to intravenously inject. He put out a fuming tweet a few minutes later which I screenshot and attach on. I forget about it and enjoy my Saturday evening. 

The season rumbles on and less than an hour after full time at Dumfries, he's quoted my tweet trying to get it up me. And then he's brought it up again today for some reason. 

I'm still unsure on what council tax band I'm on for residing in his head, but it's nice to know I'm important to him. 

Does anyone know what’s up with Dingwall? Is he signed on for another year? I see he keeps getting mentioned but I thought it was only to the summer (now). What’s his injury? May have just missed it in the twitter updates.

3 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Does anyone know what’s up with Dingwall? Is he signed on for another year? I see he keeps getting mentioned but I thought it was only to the summer (now). What’s his injury? May have just missed it in the twitter updates.

He had an operation 3/4 weeks ago and IIRC will be available the same time as Vaughan.