The New Raith Rovers Thread

It started well with the Hendry and Matthews signing news a few weeks ago but each announcement has been getting worse :lol:

Mid table mediocrity beckons this season

Even letting buchanan go is not looking clever - a guaranteed double figures goal-getter. We've lost 40 goals out the team and brought in Victoria and Anderson :lol:

We've lost the most consistent part of a (very) leaky defence :lol:

It's grim so far 

7 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

It started well with the Hendry and Matthews signing news a few weeks ago but each announcement has been getting worse :lol:

Even letting buchanan go is not looking clever - a guaranteed double figures goal-getter. We've lost 40 goals out the team and brought in Victoria and Anderson :lol:

It's grim so far 

Vaughan coming back in August could easily be worth 20 goals. 

Just now, Scottydog said:

So many glasses PPV all of them half empty. 

How do you know I wear glasses! 

Yeah I know, I'm trying really hard to be positive but I just don't have the faith in mcglynn like some do. Maybe I should wait for our marquee striker signing (Henderson?) but if this defence isn't plugged next season we've got big problems 

Too many mongers of doom on here. Woe is me and Davo is shite and Nisbet is away and Gillespie too and why we signing boys fae Brechin? Short memories boys and girls - remember the apathy with which Nisbet's signing was greeted? "How we no sign Loy?" Give the manager a chance to work his chosen players into a unit. He's forgotten more about football management and coaching than most of us will ever know, so if everybody could just chill oot a wee bit that would be just Jim-dandy. Judge him and the squad after the 1st quarter.

3 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

How do you know I wear glasses! 

Yeah I know, I'm trying really hard to be positive but I just don't have the faith in mcglynn like some do. Maybe I should wait for our marquee striker signing (Henderson?) but if this defence isn't plugged next season we've got big problems 

I have you down as a pince nez kind of guy.

How often have we had a proven goalscorer on paper who has then done hehaw? (Daly and Wighton spring instantly to mind,) our more effective ones have always come out of left field with little anticipation about them.

Happy to wait until 10mins into the first friendly before I start declaring them shite.

Looking at who's been released/allowed to leave I'm not unhappy with any of them apart from Nizzy.

Crane, didn't show anything like previous years with Alloa form.

Murray, finance dictated either he, Bene or McKay had to go. If Bene gets his form back he's a better defender than Murray.

Gillespie, not what we hoped he'd be, didn't turn up often enough.

Wedderburn, too frigging slow.

Gullan, still raw and might have come good but we need better on loan.

Flanagan, heart of a pea!

Barjonas, we will see him again most probably somewhere like Albion Rovers, pish!

Valentine, not ready and no finance to carry him forward.

Berry & Stevenson, as above.

Duggan, would have kept if wasn't such an injury risk.

Buchanan, didn't have 90ins in the legs, time to go.

Nizzy, will be missed but maybe not by all. Heard rumours he was a lazy trainer and wasn't everyone's favourite guy.

Edited by Scottydog

26 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

It's grim so far 

Dunno what bringing in Anderson and Victoria has to do with Nisbet and Buchanan leaving. Clearly different roles being filled.

Need to see who we bring in up top. Traditionally a difficult berth to fill, and a lot of luck required to get it right.

Gillespie to sign for Falkirk now and be player of the season.

It's amazing how many of the players that we've either released or fans are happy to see leave have or look likely ending up at higher league clubs. Not necessarily a berometer of ability but surely would show given the right management should have been successful with us.

Davidson will start next season guaranteed alongside Benedictus. He's not being signed on as a coach but as a full time defender. He should not be anywhere near the starting 11 and going by this McGlynn comments that's where he'll be.

Amazed at the lack of concern from the fans at the state of the squad. Pining hopes on the same defence and 2 players both of whom have or will be coming back from serious long term injuries and who won't have kicked a ball competitively for months.

It's almost as though there's still a month to go before the end of the season and we still have signings to make.... 

Absolutely have to trust the manager here. 

Edited by CALDERON

Gillespie to sign for Falkirk now and be player of the season.

It's amazing how many of the players that we've either released or fans are happy to see leave have or look likely ending up at higher league clubs. Not necessarily a berometer of ability but surely would show given the right management should have been successful with us.

Davidson will start next season guaranteed alongside Benedictus. He's not being signed on as a coach but as a full time defender. He should not be anywhere near the starting 11 and going by this McGlynn comments that's where he'll be.

Amazed at the lack of concern from the fans at the state of the squad. Pining hopes on the same defence and 2 players both of whom have or will be coming back from serious long term injuries and who won't have kicked a ball competitively for months.

I think the reason there’s a general lack of concern about the squad is because it’s THE 14th OF JUNE!

McGlynn is doing exactly what McGlynn does. He’s bringing in solid, hard working players that will run and fight for 90 minutes and won’t shit the bed when the pressure is on. It won’t be pretty but it’ll be effective.

I think the reason there’s a general lack of concern about the squad is because it’s THE 14th OF JUNE!

McGlynn is doing exactly what McGlynn does. He’s bringing in solid, hard working players that will run and fight for 90 minutes and won’t shit the bed when the pressure is on. It won’t be pretty but it’ll be effective.
I hope you're right but I have major concerns. As I've said before hard work is all well and good but you need quality to go up and I don't see from the signings and re-signings, Hendry and McKay apart, that we're going to be anywhere near good enough.

Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.