The New Raith Rovers Thread

Right that's all of the players signed up that I'd be happy to keep, the rest are replaceable imo. Gillespie is a good player on his day but in the games I saw (about 75%) of them those days were too infrequent, let him go to Airdrie if he likes.

Lyness is mediocre as keepers go, outstanding in the playoffs but we have released better keepers in the past and had better ones on loan recently, for that reason I'd let him go and bring in a lonee or sign a youngster for the future, what a pity Rory Brian was driven off.

Still to come I'm hoping for:

2 defenders

2 forwards

1 keeper.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Happy for Davidson to be around the squad, and he still has some performances in there. Need to be looking at alternatives though. 

Had a better season than Bene. 

Ditto,happy enough with Davidson still being with us

We needed changes and now we’re going to get them. Only one I’m overly bothered to lose is Kevin Nisbet as it’s difficult to replace that kind of form. However we’ll find out soon if it was a one season wonder or if he can keep doing it. Never like to lose players to the Pars but at the moment it’s better than losing him to Falkirk. Davo I’m not too bothered if he left but if we’re keeping him I hope it’s P/T as he shouldn’t be a starter every week for me. Not sure he’s a bad influence in the dressing room as he’s a local lad and you could see in the playoffs the loss hurt him. I trust John McGlynn to get it right so I’ll reserve judgement until September.

Gillespie is a loss, he didn’t do it often enough for my liking but no doubt on his day he was better than this league.

Given we’ve mutually agreed to terminate his contract, I’ll be very disappointed if he goes to Falkirk. Would hope there was agreement there for him to go somewhere in the Championship.