The New Raith Rovers Thread

One for the older fans but has there ever been another player rack up the years of service and appearances that Davo has but still split opinion amongst the fans?

I wouldn’t like him to be first choice next year but he is still a solid defender on his day. He has plenty of experience. People go on about his attitude being shocking but we all agree that McGlynn is the ultimate professional. Do you think McGlynn would think so highly of him if his attitude was a problem?

He’s been a great servant to the club and has been a key player for 6 different managers and his only spell away was with a team a level above us. I think his best days are behind him but he’s been a good player for us. As far as experienced part time back up goes, I struggle to think of anyone better we could have got.

One for the older fans but has there ever been another player rack up the years of service and appearances that Davo has but still split opinion amongst the fans?

Ronnie Coyle used to get battered by the supporters something awful.

Remember (as above) Stevie Tosh taking a lot of stick. Davo has his faults but professionalism isn’t one of them.

The amount of avoidable and pointless yellow cards he continues to pick up despite his age is very unprofessional. 

I have no doubt he trains well however, which is favourable to managers and particularly those on the McGlynn mould. 

Only Rovers fans could say they were ok with their best defender leaving to their rivals whilst re-signing a calamity who gave away countless goals last season.

We should be bracing ourselves for a defence of McKay, Davidson, Bene and MacDonald. Also I know Davidson was keen for a testimonial last year so I wouldn't be surprised to see that announcement very soon.

18 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Only Rovers fans could say they were ok with their best defender leaving to their rivals whilst re-signing a calamity who gave away countless goals last season.

We should be bracing ourselves for a defence of McKay, Davidson, Bene and MacDonald. Also I know Davidson was keen for a testimonial last year so I wouldn't be surprised to see that announcement very soon.

Apples and oranges, we played Murray first and foremost (Hiya Grant! hiya pal!) as a full back. So him going, and Davo hanging on as a PT player is not a situation that requires an unflattering comparison. Given some additional training I don't think I'd mind McKay as a right back if it came to it. Would prefer him as first choice CB alongside Bene. With Davo part time that maybe offers us an opportunity to bring in two more defenders - a full back and a centre back which would leave us well balanced and capable of absorbing an injury or two - especially if Miller comes in and can play full back as well.

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Happy for Davidson to be around the squad, and he still has some performances in there. Need to be looking at alternatives though. 

Had a better season than Bene. 

Agree with this. Really think this a big season for Dave McKay too if he re-signs. He needs to establish himself as our first choice this season. Centre back options of McKay, Bene, Davo and one other (probably McGeever) look okay if McKay can develop into a key player for us. Big if though.

Not really desperation. Just find it funny that your best players turn to ratshit the moment they leave. Every. Single. Time.
We got a decent fee for Jacko and are redistributing it down the leagues. You should be grateful.

Don’t sign them then. More likely the DDCB’s prised the rent out the local Hebrews. I wonder what other company will suffer the consequences of a failed payment. I beg your club to spend spend spend. I double dare you.

Bit of a lack of respect for Iain Davidson. How many games has he played for Raith, over how many years? 
You'd better hope he's not looking in...

I couldn’t care less if he reads these threads. He knows he’s finished and the fans do too

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Don’t sign them then. More likely the DDCB’s prised the rent out the local Hebrews. I wonder what other company will suffer the consequences of a failed payment. I beg your club to spend spend spend. I double dare you.

Just let it go man, Jesus wept. 

If you are a grown man or woman and are actually pissed off at a couple of our players going to the Pars then you need to have a good hard look at yourself. 

Edited by Wardy