The New Raith Rovers Thread

The big issue is going to be where the goals come from. Nisbet got 30 league goals and Buchanan and Duggan (if fit) are 10-15 goal a season men who we need to adequately replace.

We’ve got in Victoria/Vitoria who is a 10 goal a season man, so we’re a bit short unless the midfield are all going to chip in a bit more. I suppose it depends on whether Vaughan will be fit for a full season.

Nisbet was a 5 goals in 60 games man, or something stupid like that, before he joined us. Reserve judgement until they're actually playing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I don't know if it's a misunderstanding but someone on our forum was saying that there was quite an ominous tweet by your boy Matthew Elder yesterday evening. Said tweet is now removed but was apparently saying that there was a meeting of some sort with staff yesterday and people were leaving quite upset.
Anything to that?
It was a retweet from when we were relegated.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
12 minutes ago, harry94 said:
I don't know if it's a misunderstanding but someone on our forum was saying that there was quite an ominous tweet by your boy Matthew Elder yesterday evening. Said tweet is now removed but was apparently saying that there was a meeting of some sort with staff yesterday and people were leaving quite upset.
Anything to that?

Cheers, that clears things up!

I wonder if the club will release any pictures of the first day of pre season training. I know they usually have in the past. Good fun trying to work out any unfamiliar faces.

22 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The big issue is going to be where the goals come from. Nisbet got 30 league goals and Buchanan and Duggan (if fit) are 10-15 goal a season men who we need to adequately replace.

We’ve got in Victoria/Vitoria who is a 10 goal a season man, so we’re a bit short unless the midfield are all going to chip in a bit more. I suppose it depends on whether Vaughan will be fit for a full season.

We're certainly not done in terms of signings, so need to see who comes in yet.

18 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
29 minutes ago, harry94 said:
Anything to that?

Either that or they'd heard the Michael Miller deal had fallen through.

Nisbet was a 5 goals in 60 games man, or something stupid like that, before he joined us. Reserve judgement until they're actually playing.

Maybe it’s like buses. No 25-30 league goal strikers for a few years then two come along at once.

I doubt it, but anything is possible.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Maybe it’s like buses. No 25-30 league goal strikers for a few years then two come along at once.

I doubt it, but anything is possible.

Who was top scorer in McKinnon's season, Hardie? Stewart? Definitely spread the goals around that season. 

32 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

This is correct. People are writing off Victoria already, and in all honesty I'm absolutely fine with that. If he's putting a shift in, and we've got Vaughan, Hendry and Spencer in the mix, it might free up a bit of space for him going forward he might not have had at previous clubs.

Who was top scorer in McKinnon's season, Hardie? Stewart? Definitely spread the goals around that season. 

We didn’t score a lot of goals that season until Hardie showed up. It was probably one of those two.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I wonder if the club will release any pictures of the first day of pre season training. I know they usually have in the past. Good fun trying to work out any unfamiliar faces.

There’s one picture on the ‘Rovers Digest’ email of pre season training. Apparently they were back yesterday.

Looks like Davo has re-signed. There are five players in the picture, 2 I’m not sure on. The other three are McGurn, Bene and Davo. 

8a2371eb-9080-40e9-b34f-330020937cb5.jpg?img1560506774632

Not the easiest of pictures to check but the other two are possibly MacDonald and McKay?
Edited by R.R.FC

There’s one picture on the ‘Rovers Digest’ email of pre season training. Apparently they were back yesterday.
Looks like Davo has re-signed. There are five players in the picture, 2 I’m not sure on. The other three are McGurn, Bene and Davo. 
  8a2371eb-9080-40e9-b34f-330020937cb5.jpg?img1560506774632&key=6a7076e31631db209b9d3e1dd643e8164eb924be530f294d53f3365436f00e07   Not the easiest of pictures to check but the other two are possibly MacDonald and McKay?

I think Dave McKay is the furthest away in the photo, and I’m assuming the player next to McGurn is MacDonald going by the number 3 on his top.

It is MacDonald and McKay.

McKay - good. Davidson - I’m more annoyed about that than losing Murray and Nisbet. What a fucking disaster.

Next defender needs to be able to cover LB/CB. No point signing another rigid centre back. Should rule out McGeever?