The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Who?

I see what's happened here. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
Did Nesbitt play as a lone striker or was it predominantly in a 442?

Rab?

Big unit, lone striker him. 

I probably didn't make it clear I couldn't be arsed looking online. Cheers.

Without you watching him, my opinion of him is, he has a great first touch, strong with back to goal and good link up play. Overall has all the attributes to be very good. However he has only been a 1 season wonder in League 1, and he was vile for Dumbarton (I’m sure it was them?) when in the Championship. General consensus last summer was a total meh and standard Barry Smith shit signing as we had lost out on Loy to Dumbarton

Without you watching him, my opinion of him is, he has a great first touch, strong with back to goal and good link up play. Overall has all the attributes to be very good. However he has only been a 1 season wonder in League 1, and he was vile for Dumbarton (I’m sure it was them?) when in the Championship. General consensus last summer was a total meh and standard Barry Smith shit signing as we had lost out on Loy to Dumbarton
Tenerife that good that your on here? [emoji23]

Good to see that the natural order is still in place

Pars - #bigteam hoover up anybody remotely decent from the Rovers, or just M'Voto for bantz

Rovers - #weeteam permanently seething about being the #weeteam but they really don't care that much, honest (yous are a good bunch though tbf)

East Fife - Celebrating Rovers losing two players to pars, embarrassingly small-time

Cowden - Irrelevant and shite.

12 hours ago, renton said:

Nah, he deserves his shot at a higher league. Like all strikers it's a gamble but a good one for both the Pars and Nisbet, if he chokes here it's probably part time from there on in, but he wasn't going to get anything else out of another season with us. The actual destination is irrelevant, the fact that he's not in this league next year is far more important from our point of view.

If we're gonna be a club worth following it's got to be because we'll take guys on, build their skills and their confidence. If we don't get all of that back in terms of seasons played, then thanks for everything and we go again and find someone else.

McGlynn has an ok record with bringing in forwards,  after his first 18 months in the job anyway. Happy to see how this goes. 

Kinda agree, however for me the destination is relevant to my seethe. I fucking hate the fact that our better players are joining the fucking pars to "progress their career". It's reality the now though so I just need to suck it up.

You're right that Nisbett and Murray deserve to move on though and, in terms of meeting our objectives for next season, it is good they are moving to a different league. Hopefully we invest what we receive wisely and the club can progress as a result. At the end of the day, both these guys were an integral part of a first team which finished 3rd as the only full time team in the league, we need to improve so change is needed.

The big issue is going to be where the goals come from. Nisbet got 30 league goals and Buchanan and Duggan (if fit) are 10-15 goal a season men who we need to adequately replace.

We’ve got in Victoria/Vitoria who is a 10 goal a season man, so we’re a bit short unless the midfield are all going to chip in a bit more. I suppose it depends on whether Vaughan will be fit for a full season.

I don't know if it's a misunderstanding but someone on our forum was saying that there was quite an ominous tweet by your boy Matthew Elder yesterday evening. Said tweet is now removed but was apparently saying that there was a meeting of some sort with staff yesterday and people were leaving quite upset.

Anything to that?