The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wonder if McGlynn might carry on his habit of bringing back former players and use some funds to sign Goodwillie? Would be just the kind of player we need.
He's on a very good wage at Clyde and told he's rejected offers from clubs higher up than us. Put it in the no chance in hell department.

He's on a very good wage at Clyde and told he's rejected offers from clubs higher up than us. Put it in the no chance in hell department.

I think the McGlynn factor could be a lure. Look at Hendry signing for example.

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

You’d think that lot would pay back their debts, but heho its a massive f**k you to these hard working people. #DDCB’S

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Take pride in fucking over everyone you c***s.

Fucking Yas, more of this. 

1 minute ago, MoanEhRaith said:

In the midst of this what’s Kris Doolan up too, understand he’s the wrong side of 30 but still an excellent first touch. Anyone know what offers he’s had?

Dundee, Ayr, Dundee United and Livingston, all been rumoured at some point or another.

51 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I think a bit of seethe losing a 30 goal striker to your local rivals is perfectly acceptable.

Nah, he deserves his shot at a higher league. Like all strikers it's a gamble but a good one for both the Pars and Nisbet, if he chokes here it's probably part time from there on in, but he wasn't going to get anything else out of another season with us. The actual destination is irrelevant, the fact that he's not in this league next year is far more important from our point of view.

If we're gonna be a club worth following it's got to be because we'll take guys on, build their skills and their confidence. If we don't get all of that back in terms of seasons played, then thanks for everything and we go again and find someone else.

McGlynn has an ok record with bringing in forwards,  after his first 18 months in the job anyway. Happy to see how this goes. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

All joking aside what can Nisbet offer? I haven't seen any footage of him. Who's he similar to?

All of his goals are on YouTube. Search RaithTv and you’ll find it.

Disappointed to see both Nisbet, and Murray go. But not surprised. I’m glad they went to the Pars in the division above than Falkirk. 

Theyve both signed 2 year deals, so we’ll see them next season one way or another....

All joking aside what can Nisbet offer? I haven't seen any footage of him. Who's he similar to?

There's a video compilation of all his goals for us kicking about which is a good starting point. He scored all manner of goals for us, from tap ins from rebounds through to direct free kicks from 25 yards.

Bit of a sore one that him and Murray are heading to the Pars but in all honesty I'd rather that than they sign for the likes of Falkirk.

Good luck to them both , except against us obviously.

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

There is a 2 and a half minute video of all his goals for us on Youtube which you can find with little difficulty.

Strong guy, can generate good power on his headers from a standing start, likes to stay central, pacy but not lightening quick, scored all kinds of goals. Once he was in the habit it just clicked for him.

Mbappe.

He's a goalscorer who's, good at linking up play and will hassle defenders. He didn't assist much for us but when your scoring goals that's fine.

Eta there's apparently a video on YouTube of his goals for us...