The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

If this player today is a midfielder then there is the potential of Gillespie , Matthews, Hendry, Spencer, wide players , dingwall Victoria and Anderson. I really hope we are not playing in league 1 by flooding the midfield.

Imagine if we went a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 would be reasonably attacking while at the same time allowing us the extra midfielder.

--------------Matthews/Gillespie-----Spencer/Miller-----

-----------------------------------Hendry-------------------------

-Dingwall/Victoria/Ando----------------Vaughan---------------------

----------------------Some c**t we've not signed yet------------------------------

My guess with the Gillespie one is that we were looking to swap him for McDonald and that would cover the fee we were due. With us selling Murray and Nisbet, you wonder if Mcglynn will look to keep hold of him now and use some of that cash to cover the fee?

I wonder if Mcglynn sees him as a right back next season?

12 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Yes. 

What's your fixation with the 200 club anyway? 

We've never had to ban anyone YET so please join.

Frankie boy we can make you immortal.

FTFY :thumsup2

Now on the subject of players.

Don't know who's coming or going but I would think:

Gillespie will go to Airdrie as hinted by Bill Clark (under contract unlike big Nat), 

McKay and Davo will sign with Davo used as cover and assisting in a coaching role.

Not a clue who is coming in but this guy Miller/McGuiver is looking plausible.

Edited by Scottydog

A midfielder that can also play defence is today’s signing news. Friday it’s two players who have agreed new contracts

A midfielder who can also play defence, you say? Announce... DAVO!

The thing with Gillespie for me is, he is (IMO) the best centre midfielder in the league by some distance, and can show that quite easily. However, I think he may well know this also & then he becomes very lackadaisical quite often or not, and doesn’t quite get enough for “pass marks” as the weeks go by and then he’ll have a blinder again. Obviously didn’t help that he was playing RB for a large chunks of the season. But still very good player on his day.

FTFY :thumsup2
Now on the subject of players.
Don't know who's coming or going but I would think:
Gillespie will go to Airdrie as hinted by Bill Clark (under contract unlike big Nat), 
McKay and Davo will sign with Davo used as cover and assisting in a coaching role.
Not a clue who is coming in but this guy Miller/McGuiver is looking plausible.

IMG_1260.jpg

4 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

That’ll be Miller then you’d expect? He can play Centre back, right back and midfield so that’s positive. If I remember correctly the Dumbarton fans really rated him as a centre back. On a more negative note that was five years ago and I don’t think fans of any of his teams since have rated him.

Hopefully one of those resigning is McKay. Don’t really know who I’d prefer the other one to be out of Davidson or Lyness. Assuming those are the only 3 left to resign? Sure Bill Clark mentioned something about an offer being made to Gillespie? But seems to be confirmed everywhere he was on a 2 year deal?

I really thought Mikey Miller was going to be a star after his loan spell with us. He slotted into the best Dumbarton team I've seen more than comfortably and was our best player on a few occasions. He was especially good in the Scottish Cup QF with Aberdeen - partnering Andy Graham at centre-half in the absence of Mark McLaughlin.

We played him at right-back once in the absence of the superb Paul McGinn, and he wasn't great iirc, but he looked decent in central-midfield for Brechin when we played them in March. Unfortunately he seems to have spent an awful lot of time injured, and was pretty meh at Morton, but the Livingston fans rated him I'm sure. If you could keep him fit I think he'd be a really good player at this level - and, to be honest, I'd have been pretty delighted if we brought him back, especially given the caliber of our additions so far.

Whilst I’ve not read the article I’ve been told it’s in the FFP the fee we received for Murray was ‘modest’ and that we’ve only received half of it with the remaining not being paid until....next year.

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I really thought Mikey Miller was going to be a star after his loan spell with us. He slotted into the best Dumbarton team I've seen more than comfortably and was our best player on a few occasions. He was especially good in the Scottish Cup QF with Aberdeen - partnering Andy Graham at centre-half in the absence of Mark McLaughlin.

We played him at right-back once in the absence of the superb Paul McGinn, and he wasn't great iirc, but he looked decent in central-midfield for Brechin when we played them in March. Unfortunately he seems to have spent an awful lot of time injured, and was pretty meh at Morton, but the Livingston fans rated him I'm sure. If you could keep him fit I think he'd be a really good player at this level - and, to be honest, I'd have been pretty delighted if we brought him back, especially given the caliber of our additions so far.

Don’t see that being a problem, we rarely have trouble with injuries...

In all seriousness, I feel a bit better reading that, thanks. McGlynn has always been a big fan of versatile players and someone that can cover 3 positions will be pretty valuable when we’re running with a smaller squad.

What type of midfielder is Spencer? I have him down as an energetic box to box type which would be ideal after a season watching Wedderburn rotate in the middle of the park.

34 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Don’t see that being a problem, we rarely have trouble with injuries...

In all seriousness, I feel a bit better reading that, thanks. McGlynn has always been a big fan of versatile players and someone that can cover 3 positions will be pretty valuable when we’re running with a smaller squad.

What type of midfielder is Spencer? I have him down as an energetic box to box type which would be ideal after a season watching Wedderburn rotate in the middle of the park.

That's exactly what he is. He's better going forward and could be a bit rash defensively, but he'll cover a lot of ground, provide bundles of energy and won't shirk his responsibilities. I said at the time that we shouldn't have let him go, and that certainly looks the case now.

Whilst I’ve not read the article I’ve been told it’s in the FFP the fee we received for Murray was ‘modest’ and that we’ve only received half of it with the remaining not being paid until....next year.

A bit risky given the Pars reputation for swindling others and cooking the books.