The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wouldn’t be surprised if Dave McKay signs a new contract now Murray is away.
Was maybe hedging his bets trying to decide if he was likely to get a game and that will definitely have bumped him up the pecking order.

1 hour ago, Raith_Hoevers said:

A midfielder that can also play defence is today’s signing news. Friday it’s two players who have agreed new contracts

That’ll be Miller then you’d expect? He can play Centre back, right back and midfield so that’s positive. If I remember correctly the Dumbarton fans really rated him as a centre back. On a more negative note that was five years ago and I don’t think fans of any of his teams since have rated him.

Hopefully one of those resigning is McKay. Don’t really know who I’d prefer the other one to be out of Davidson or Lyness. Assuming those are the only 3 left to resign? Sure Bill Clark mentioned something about an offer being made to Gillespie? But seems to be confirmed everywhere he was on a 2 year deal?

41 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

That’ll be Miller then you’d expect? He can play Centre back, right back and midfield so that’s positive. If I remember correctly the Dumbarton fans really rated him as a centre back. On a more negative note that was five years ago and I don’t think fans of any of his teams since have rated him.

Hopefully one of those resigning is McKay. Don’t really know who I’d prefer the other one to be out of Davidson or Lyness. Assuming those are the only 3 left to resign? Sure Bill Clark mentioned something about an offer being made to Gillespie? But seems to be confirmed everywhere he was on a 2 year deal?

Gillespie is a weird one. Clark definitely said an offer was on the table for him, but at the same time you have to assume he was the player he was referring to when he mentioned one of our players going to Airdrie, and the only way we could get a fee for him in that instance would be if he was under contract already.

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Gillespie is a weird one. Clark definitely said an offer was on the table for him, but at the same time you have to assume he was the player he was referring to when he mentioned one of our players going to Airdrie, and the only way we could get a fee for him in that instance would be if he was under contract already.

Yeah I thought that too. Would seem unlikely but is it possible he is thinking of going part time? That would explain why we have made him an offer even though he has a contract and why Airdrie would still be due us some sort of fee to sign him?

If we are signing another midfielder as said above, assuming we are going with 2 in central midfield, you’d think that suggests Gillespie is away. Matthews, Hendry, Spencer, Miller? and Gillespie seems too many for 2 places.