The New Raith Rovers Thread

53 minutes ago, basher brash said:

compared with East Fife, Airdrie and Forfar our new signings are dross IMO not impressed what’s so ever ( hard hat now on) If I knew this is who we were signing I wouldn’t have renewed my season ticket again  TBH! and if the rumour is correct regarding McGeever who Brechin fans didn’t rate to strengthen an already crap back 4 weakened by Murray’s departure Jeezo I really fear for us next season

As far as over reactions go, is this the best one this pre-season?

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I must have missed these amazing East Fife, Forfar and Airdrie signings tbh. 

Exactly! Airdrie have made some decent signings, nothing ground breaking but probably best of the bunch, they’ll be better this season.

Forbes and Kirkpatrick are very good signings for Forfar but the 4 Brechin signings would be getting all sorts of stick from the same people if we signed them. They are replacing Eckersley, Reilly, Easton, Spencer and Baird too which is a lot of quality lost.

East Fife have signed Higgins who was with them as they fell apart last season, Murdoch who barely kicked a ball for them due to injury. Duggan was decent with us but we all agree it was right to let him go due to his injury record. Wallace is a good signing but again how many people would be complaining if we paid a fee for someone like him? Also, important to note he scored the same amount of goals for a league winning side as Victoria did with Stranraer and Airdrie. Pretty much identical minutes per goal too. And Denholm has a poor season with Arbroath with 2 goals in 30 games. Grant Anderson got 5 in 31.

Some people just love a good moan, our signings haven’t been as good as Falkirk obviously, the budget difference is huge. However, in comparison to the rest of the league, I’m pretty happy. We will still probably add another 3/4 starters. Can’t  judge anyone’s business definitively until the window is closed.

These signings actually make me feel pretty optimistic about the new season. Spencer is clearly a decent footballer and between himself, Matthews, Hendry and potentially Gillespie we have very good options for central midfield. Anderson, Victoria and Dingwall are all pretty comfortable playing out wide, but also looks like they could play up top should we need to change our approach. Obviously Vaughan can fit in pretty much anywhere but we'd all rather he was in that #10 role. Defensively, I'm concerned but the players haven't even started training yet, and we've got about 3 to sign. Having an out and out right back is pretty crucial but for the first time, in what seems like forever, we seem to be moving towards having a balance throughout the squad.***
Disappointed to lose Nisbet and Murray but getting a fee, no matter how small, softens the blow a bit because it makes the board actually look like it has an idea what it's doing.

**I reserve the right to retract that if McKay, or Davidson, start the season at right back.

I liked Brad Spencer in his short spell with us, he scored a peach of a goal up at Glebe Park coming on as a sub on his debut. He likes a shot from outside the box, Jim Duffy never fancied him for some reason, could be a good signing for Rovers.

Surprised about signing Paton though, never showed much with us at all.

Edited by Silverton End

Exactly! Airdrie have made some decent signings, nothing ground breaking but probably best of the bunch, they’ll be better this season.
Forbes and Kirkpatrick are very good signings for Forfar but the 4 Brechin signings would be getting all sorts of stick from the same people if we signed them. They are replacing Eckersley, Reilly, Easton, Spencer and Baird too which is a lot of quality lost.
East Fife have signed Higgins who was with them as they fell apart last season, Murdoch who barely kicked a ball for them due to injury. Duggan was decent with us but we all agree it was right to let him go due to his injury record. Wallace is a good signing but again how many people would be complaining if we paid a fee for someone like him? Also, important to note he scored the same amount of goals for a league winning side as Victoria did with Stranraer and Airdrie. Pretty much identical minutes per goal too. And Denholm has a poor season with Arbroath with 2 goals in 30 games. Grant Anderson got 5 in 31.
Some people just love a good moan, our signings haven’t been as good as Falkirk obviously, the budget difference is huge. However, in comparison to the rest of the league, I’m pretty happy. We will still probably add another 3/4 starters. Can’t  judge anyone’s business definitively until the window is closed.
Good post. Also, it's not like Nisbet and Murray will just leave gaping holes in the squad. We'll replace them.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I must have missed these amazing East Fife, Forfar and Airdrie signings tbh. 

Didn’t say anything in my post regarding amazing! Purely my opinion but they have made better signings than us so far!. Regarding new signings Forfar I would have taken Forbes and Kirkpatrick which will only enhance there team further, Airdrie all good signings likewise East Fife who have owned us last season and strengthened further with there additions we on the other hand we are now weakened in losing Nisbet , Murray along with Duggan who I would have kept , Our leaky defence is needing sorted so he’s sticking by the current Centre halves supported  by if rumours are correct McGeever who is injury prone and played in a worse back four than ours but hey everything’s great and we have nothing to worry about. As I stated early it’s my opinion and I call it as I see it but hopefully I’m proved wrong and they turn out to be good signings

17 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Didn’t say anything in my post regarding amazing! Purely my opinion but they have made better signings than us so far!. Regarding new signings Forfar I would have taken Forbes and Kirkpatrick which will only enhance there team further, Airdrie all good signings likewise East Fife who have owned us last season and strengthened further with there additions we on the other hand we are now weakened in losing Nisbet , Murray along with Duggan who I would have kept , Our leaky defence is needing sorted so he’s sticking by the current Centre halves supported  by if rumours are correct McGeever who is injury prone and played in a worse back four than ours but hey everything’s great and we have nothing to worry about. As I stated early it’s my opinion and I call it as I see it but hopefully I’m proved wrong and they turn out to be good signings

Your entitled to your opinion just don't upset the 200 club! :lol:

In a fooking nutshell