The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Flanagan never worked with McKinnon though, did he.

Honestly, though, he's a talented guy with a heart the size of a midge's bollocks.

Aye, that's the only part that isn't adding up. Just seen his name banded about a bit briefly on our thread and thought it was worth asking.

How are you lot feeling about next season? Seen you've been teasing some sort of announcement for the best part of 24 hours now but other than that I've not got a clue.

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Aye, that's the only part that isn't adding up. Just seen his name banded about a bit briefly on our thread and thought it was worth asking.

How are you lot feeling about next season? Seen you've been teasing some sort of announcement for the best part of 24 hours now but other than that I've not got a clue.

Despite your off the field problems signing the likes of Tidser and Connolly (if that's him) should make you hard to catch no matter what we do. Telfer as well should have more than enough quality for this level if you sign him as well (we were in for him last summer but got beat out by Morton at the last minute).

We've got some quality through the team: Vaughan, Hendry, Dingwall and we look like we'll end up being a bit more mobile and harder working than last season but we've got a ways to go to rebuild our forward line and our centre backs are likely to be largely the same set as last year.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Begs the question who the striker(s) are. 

Maybe they meant forwards in the same way as Locke used to use it with his 'forward thinking player': anyone wearing a number higher than 6 on their back.

There’s a chance Bill Clark has misspoke, and Victoria/Anderson were the ‘forwards’ he had in mind. Otherwise we’ll have a mystery striker to sign and no Spencer/Miller as widely expected.

Happy enough Victoria is being classed as a winger to be honest. Leaves space for two more strikers.

No idea how anyone can deem the signing of 2 journeyman "attackers" whilst at the same time losing your best defender from the past 2 years as anything other than concerning.

Don't get all this "McGlynn will make them better" chat on the basis of what he did a decade ago especially if the one player we all agree should be let go, Davidson, has been offered a new deal.

I fear we are down in this league for the foreseeable future especially given the signings Falkirk are now making.

8 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

No idea how anyone can deem the signing of 2 journeyman "attackers" whilst at the same time losing your best defender from the past 2 years as anything other than concerning.

Don't get all this "McGlynn will make them better" chat on the basis of what he did a decade ago especially if the one player we all agree should be let go, Davidson, has been offered a new deal.

I fear we are down in this league for the foreseeable future especially given the signings Falkirk are now making.

"Best defender in the last two years" is a pretty relative term.

The fact that you’ve mentioned us signing journeymen and then talking about Falkirk’s signings being decent, I’m guessing they have made a few more signings other than Micheal “7 clubs” Tidser and Gregor “ 9 clubs” Buchanan..?

This post is not saying Tidser and Buchanan aren’t decent players. They’re fantastic players for this level. But, they are also considered as journeymen.

So describing our transfers as journeymen and then going on to praise Falkirk’s signings is a bit contradicting..

7 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Sorry i don't agree with this.  A managers job is to get the best out of his squad. It isnt always down to the amount of individual gifted players you have but the structure of the squad, team work, bond and how they buy into the managers vision. Of course you can make a player better, why cant you? 

16 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Murray was the best of a bad bunch, defence has looked awful last 2-3 seasons and needs new blood imo

7 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Sorry i don't agree with this.  A managers job is to get the best out of his squad. It isnt always down to the amount of individual gifted players you have but the structure of the squad, team work, bond and how they buy into the managers vision. Of course you can make a player better, why cant you? 

This

any half decent coach/manager can do this or should be able to do it, look at stevie Clarke at Killie 

21 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Oh, you're going to get a row on here for talking sense pal.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Raith fans absolutely seething on Twitter about a player I'd never heard of until yesterday is remarkable. One guy making Norrie "jokes" and hoping Murray and Nisbet get involved in a car crash.

One of those sad people that detests the Pars more than they like their own team.

Those comments are bang out of order.....can't help a small band of idiots unfortunately.  Every team has them.