The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, grumswall said:

Victoria confirmed

"has been signed principally as a left midfielder. He is a versatile player, however, who can also operate as a striker"

So that signing we thought was Anderson (the mid/striker) is actually Victoria then?

If we’re not signing Anderson and instead signing Vitoria + a centre forward I’ll be fairly chuffed. I’ve like Vitoria a lot when I’ve seen him. Happy with that signing.

1 minute ago, WSDR 88 said:

So going by the article, does that then mean; 1 defender, 1 midfielder (Vitoria?), which would leave 2 strikers still to announce...?

At this point I think we've probably got more than the original 4 guys coming in at different stages of registration. Victoria is probably your winger who can play up top as well. The midfielder has been rumoured as Brad Spencer, but Michael Miller's name has also appeared. Not beyond reason that both have actually been signed but whether both, one or neither is part of the 4 is another matter.

One down 3 to go. Vitoria as stated has signed apparently as a left midfielder who can play up front. 
Victoria.
If we’re not signing Anderson and instead signing Vitoria + a centre forward I’ll be fairly chuffed. I’ve like Vitoria a lot when I’ve seen him. Happy with that signing.
Victoria. Victoria.
So going by the article, does that then mean; 1 defender, 1 midfielder (Vitoria?), which would leave 2 strikers still to announce...?
Victoria.

I make no apologies for turning into Mark E Smith.

He’s “Vitoria” on transfermarket amongst others. Seems slightly ambiguous but I’ll happily revert to Victoria if that’s what the official site is calling him.

3 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

30 years old and played for queen's Park, East Kilbride, albion rovers, Airdrie, Stranraer. It's,.... 

Underwhelming tbh 

I'm not over or underwhelmed by it, merely whelmed I guess.

No doubt he looked dangerous against us last season, and he's McGlynn's type of wide player - i.e. someone with a bit of power. On the off chance we end up playing a 3 behind a striker, for example we're already well tended in the decent footballer stakes with Vaughan and Dingwall so what we really need is a bit more pace and power. Not a glittering career to date and not one for the future but imagine McG can get something positive out of him.

It is what it is. I'd still class it as more positive than, for example, Lewis Milne last season.

3 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Nathan Flanagan, does this look like the back of his heed?

D826JHjXUAEZej0.jpg:large

If so, what's he like?

Flanagan never worked with McKinnon previously though, did he?

Honestly, though, he's a talented guy with a heart the size of a midge's bollocks.

Edited by renton