The New Raith Rovers Thread

Spencer I think will be a good signing and midfield is certainly looking like having more effort and pace in it than last year.

Vitoria, meh, seems to have the attributes to do a job, played well against us but not necessarily set the heather alight over the season. Some careful coaching might bring out the best in him.

McGeever and Anderson though, I just don't get.

McGeever not exactly beloved of the Brechin fans who have referred to him as clumsy, slow and injury prone. Some of the former two may be related to that last issue of course. Then again if we were up for signing a barely present CB we should've been in for Mango.

Ando is, I guess that solid pro every coach likes to work with. We know what we're getting really bit he's getting on a bit. Kinda feel like in the geriatric stakes we are replacing a leggy but cultured Buchanan for a hard working but not necessarily dangerous Anderson. 

f**k knows though. We still have some proper quality in Vaughan and Dingwall if we can get them fit. Hendry falls into that category as well. Definitely still need some further additions in the centre forward stakes, as we seem loaded for guys who could play off a no 9 now.

That's about all Anderson was good at though
Pish. Anderson did well for us in his time here. Covers well defensively, is an outlet going forward and a hard worker who can score backwards headers. His final ball was poor for the most but he could beat his man to get the ball in, in the first place.

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
43 minutes ago, pantene proV said:
Mcgurn goal kick out wide to anderson :wub:

That's about all Anderson was good at though

Were You not at Easter Road at THAT game? 

I thought McGeever and Spencer are both defenders? We’ve already been told there will be 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 2 strikers?

Anderson( if he does sign) will be considered as the midfielder regardless of where he played for Stranraer.

Victoria will be a given.

I think we’ll have a shock in there though for the second striker.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
7 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
Yes that was one goal. You just said that his final ball was garbage. Us that not supposed to be the main part of a wingers game emoji3.png

Think you're confusing me with wardy, Frank.

Thanks clique friend. 

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I thought McGeever and Spencer are both defenders? We’ve already been told there will be 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 2 strikers?

Anderson( if he does sign) will be considered as the midfielder regardless of where he played for Stranraer.

Victoria will be a given.

I think we’ll have a shock in there though for the second striker.

Spencer is definitely a midfielder.