The New Raith Rovers Thread

In many ways Bill is similar to Turnbull Hutton, he says what he thinks and doesn't mince his words. You can't please all the people all of the time and he was merely echoing what most of us have been saying.

You may be right but when coaching teams he isn’t what I would want for centre mid and offers no goalscoring threat especially at corners etc, in the Chris Johnston calibre of rovers players for me and glad he is gone
That's a damning indictment!

I'd have him in the same category as someone like Joe Hamill. A player who clearly had quality, and didn't lack application, but just never quite clicked with the team he was in.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'd have him in the same category as someone like Joe Hamill. A player who clearly had quality, and didn't lack application, but just never quite clicked with the team he was in.

I still think his greatest weakness was when we didn't have the ball. So slow that once you werw beyond him he wasn't getting back. Subsequently our defence was left exposed time and time again. Also not great in the air.

But apart from a crippling lack of mobility he did have a good range of passing.

Mobility is extremely important and players who don't have it wreck the team unless it is specifically compensated for. In a central midfield two, the absence of pace places an unbearable burden on the other, and only really a central three can properly compensate. That brings challenges for the rest of the team, tying the team to closely to a specific formation. 

47 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Grégory Tadé will not be returning to Raith. Just spoke to him on instagram

4 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

Grégory Tadé will not be returning to Raith. Just spoke to him on instagram

Why didn't you say this before?

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Honestly mate got more and more frustrated by him as the season wore on, good riddance imo

Got to lol at some folk blaming other players for Nat's deficiencies, not being on his wavelength etc. The guy couldnae move, couldnae tackle, couldnae shoot (ok maybe once) and couldnae pass beyond 5 yards. "yeah but he could give the ball to Vaughan who then did something with it" :lol:

Our midfield will be much better without him next season 

Edited by pantene proV
Edited as I forgot about his tackle (insert Kenneth Williams photo as appropriate!)

Got to lol at some folk blaming other players for Nat's deficiencies, not being on his wavelength etc. The guy couldnae move, couldnae shoot (ok maybe once) and couldnae pass beyond 5 yards. "yeah but he could give the ball to Vaughan who then did something with it" :lol:
Our midfield will be much better without him next season 

This. You couldn’t fault Nats effort but the ball will move much quicker from middle to front without him in the team.

Let’s not sugar coat this Buchanan has been involved in 2 failed promotion challenges and if rumours are correct was well paid everyone knows he canny run so I couldn’t careless what the chairman has said because most fans would agree with his statement along with his comments regarding Wedderburn he was slow and IMO dreadful at times . Is anyone disappointed they were released no! so let’s move on if these players along with the rest of the prima donnas had played to there full potential we wouldn’t be in this position again . I’m just glad we have a board who are open and happy to inform there support of the current situation at the club especially through probably the busiest time of the season  but it’s the usual thing there damned if they do and damned if they dont
I'd have kept Buchanan so not entirely correct. Nt wasn't his fault he was misused for 2 seasons. Under Barry Smith he was subjected to long falls against 6 foot centre backs and last season he was told to chase down balls like a guy in his early 20s. He is a penalty box striker with a good touch and should have been used as such, maybe as an impact sub more often.

Anyway he's away now and given he always gave 100% I wish him all the best.

FeB would be unreal in League 1 surely, tore it up last time.

He's probably scored less than 10 goals in 3 years since then and looked hopeless against us in the Scottish Cup.

He'd maybe make a lively impact sub but that's about his limit these days.

He's probably scored less than 10 goals in 3 years since then and looked hopeless against us in the Scottish Cup.

He'd maybe make a lively impact sub but that's about his limit these days.

I dunno I don't think players can drop off that drastically without some kind of major injury or age catching up on them. Championship and Prem are a different ball game, seems like the kind of guy who'd be superb when things are going his way and poor when the going gets tough. I think he would be a very good signing for a L1 team near the top of the table personally