The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm pleased with the chairman giving us a lot of info, rationale for decisions, transparency and so on - I appreciate this especially while there's not much to be made official/public re signings/departures. Smart move as we've already seen how hard it is for folk not to speculate wildly and jump to gloomy conclusions.

At the same time I don't think it's the chairman's place to say which player did well or poorly as he's not part of the football operation and not really entitled. I wouldn't appreciate my boss's boss giving me a public appraisal, good or bad. What would be ok is saying where you see a player in terms of squad status/importance in a strategic sense.

Worst of all is the Buchanan chat, big earner or not, since he's already left the club and most people are happy with the effort and professionalism they saw from him. I think there were similar remarks about Wedderburn? 

Nonetheless very happy to have the openness about what and how the club is doing.

And I think the previous chairman might have been superhans lal

Simple enough I reckon.  I think those of us that commented all emphasised commending the welcome transparency and had misgivings about some the territory entered into. Hardly condemnation. Overall pleased, clearly.  We don't need absolutes do we?

Simple enough I reckon.  I think those of us that commented all emphasised commending the welcome transparency and had misgivings about some the territory entered into. Hardly condemnation. Overall pleased, clearly.  We don't need absolutes do we?
Exactly. Give information on the club strategy and what they are looking to achieve and leave the players to the manager. Comments like that just not needed and come across as unprofessional.

7 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
43 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Exactly. Give information on the club strategy and what they are looking to achieve and leave the players to the manager. Comments like that just not needed and come across as unprofessional.

Maybe the chairman should take a leaf out of the manager's book and keep any comments on players in house.

Bill Clark could maybe be criticised for using the term "his legs have gone", because it's a little flippant and personal, but from memory, all he said about Nat Wedderburn was that he was being moved on because he slowed play in the midfield. That's not a criticism, it's a fact. Some managers might want that.

A slightly better choice of language when talking about Buchanan, and I'd have no issues whatsoever. As I said before, the transparency is to be commended, including Bill Clark's personal opinion, where it's warranted.

Let’s not sugar coat this Buchanan has been involved in 2 failed promotion challenges and if rumours are correct was well paid everyone knows he canny run so I couldn’t careless what the chairman has said because most fans would agree with his statement along with his comments regarding Wedderburn he was slow and IMO dreadful at times . Is anyone disappointed they were released no! so let’s move on if these players along with the rest of the prima donnas had played to there full potential we wouldn’t be in this position again . I’m just glad we have a board who are open and happy to inform there support of the current situation at the club especially through probably the busiest time of the season  but it’s the usual thing there damned if they do and damned if they dont

Random text saying 2 of the signings are Grant Anderson and El Bakhtaoui.... :/

Seems to be fairly established at this stage that three are McGeever, Spencer and Victoria. Question marks remain over the final striker - I guess it could be El Bakhtaoui, personally wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Kavanagh because if Victoria/another striker signs I don’t really see the merit in taking the lad on trial.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Seems to be fairly established at this stage that three are McGeever, Spencer and Victoria. Question marks remain over the final striker - I guess it could be El Bakhtaoui, personally wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Kavanagh because if Victoria/another striker signs I don’t really see the merit in taking the lad on trial.

Chairman said we were hoping to have 4 strikers so could well be Victoria, El Bakhtaoui and a trialist. 

Chairman said we were hoping to have 4 strikers so could well be Victoria, El Bakhtaoui and a trialist. 

Guess it depends on whether or not you include Kieron Bowie in that number, or where McGlynn plans to use Victoria.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Random text saying 2 of the signings are Grant Anderson and El Bakhtaoui.... :/

Bakhtaoui would be a shocker of a signing, unless we're signing Michael Moffat as well to set up all his goals.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Bill Clark could maybe be criticised for using the term "his legs have gone", because it's a little flippant and personal, but from memory, all he said about Nat Wedderburn was that he was being moved on because he slowed play in the midfield. That's not a criticism, it's a fact. Some managers might want that.

A slightly better choice of language when talking about Buchanan, and I'd have no issues whatsoever. As I said before, the transparency is to be commended, including Bill Clark's personal opinion, where it's warranted.

Milk turns quicker than big Nat!!

I actually really liked Wedderburn. I think in a team with better options across the rest of the midfield he'd work really well, but he just wasn't suited to out "system" at all last season.

It's refreshing to see someone who will always show for a pass and isn't afraid to put his foot on the ball, but when he looks up and the only passes he has are the two centre backs who just gave him the ball, he's no use.

Wedderburn relies on other players making their own space so he can find them. Vaughan's excellent at it, but in his absence, Wedderburn was looking at static teammates who were easily marked. Instead of Nat's skillset, we needed someone who could drive forward and create spaces for themselves and others.

9 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I actually really liked Wedderburn. I think in a team with better options across the rest of the midfield he'd work really well, but he just wasn't suited to out "system" at all last season.

It's refreshing to see someone who will always show for a pass and isn't afraid to put his foot on the ball, but when he looks up and the only passes he has are the two centre backs who just gave him the ball, he's no use.

Wedderburn relies on other players making their own space so he can find them. Vaughan's excellent at it, but in his absence, Wedderburn was looking at static teammates who were easily marked. Instead of Nat's skillset, we needed someone who could drive forward and create spaces for themselves and others.

You may be right but when coaching teams he isn’t what I would want for centre mid and offers no goalscoring threat especially at corners etc, in the Chris Johnston calibre of rovers players for me and glad he is gone