The New Raith Rovers Thread

I agree with what's been said by others. In the middle of the park, injury free, Gillespie looked excellent. But with injuries, and the Raith Rovers patented stints filling in at right back, he didn't really get a proper run at it.

That said, if John McGlynn feels strongly enough about it that he'll cut short a two year deal, I trust his judgement. I'd take it from this situation that Gillespie is at the top end of the wage table, and we've brought in Hendry to essentially do his job.

Any news on a right back 
Bill Clark said in his interview that they are looking for a big season from Watson.

I'd love to see him do well, but on most occasions he played he was exposed and I'd be worried if we didn't have a better option at RB for the start of the season.

Apparently we have a centre back signed along with a midfielder and two strikers albeit one of those strikers will be more a winger. No news on a right back a position which needed addressed last season. We appear to be overloaded with centre halfs unless a couple are moving on.

Apparently we have a centre back signed along with a midfielder and two strikers albeit one of those strikers will be more a winger. No news on a right back a position which needed addressed last season. We appear to be overloaded with centre halfs unless a couple are moving on.

Possibly McGlynn planning to try to play big Dave out at right back?

In Watson's defence, he was playing as either a right wing-back or a right winger his first couple of games last season. 

I'd like to see him get a good preseason in him and see how he does from there.

6 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Possibly McGlynn planning to try to play big Dave out at right back?

I’ve thought that since the tail end of the season that McGlynn possibly sees McKay’s future as a right back. He actually did fine in that position and was better than Watson has shown so far but he looked to me like centre half doing a job rather than a natural fit.

Hopefully the defender signed is a right back. Seems crazy to sign another centre back with Bene and Murray signed up and contracts offered to Davo and McKay.

Edited by R.R.FC

I’ve thought that since the tail end of the season that McGlynn possibly sees McKay’s future as a right back. He actually did fine in that position and was better than Watson has shown so far but he looked to me like centre half doing a job rather than a natural fit.
Hopefully the defender signed is a right back. Seems crazy to sign another centre back with Bene and Murray signed up and contracts offered to Davo and McKay.
I fear that as well. I really, really hope we are signing a proper right back though. Trying to get by with McKay, Watson or even Gillespie if he stays, would be a massive blunder.

1 hour ago, Deadly said:

Bill Clark said in his interview that they are looking for a big season from Watson.

I'd love to see him do well, but on most occasions he played he was exposed and I'd be worried if we didn't have a better option at RB for the start of the season.

Watson looked far put of his depth last season.