The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Last summer I was in a state of despair when we brought in Nisbet. If we sign Victoria then I'll reserve judgement until he's had game time for us.

Last striker we signed that I was excited about was Eric Ferguson. He proceeded to score no goals in eleven games, and classed by Frank Connor as his worst ever signing 

6 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Seeing airdrie are linked with a move for Grant Gillespie, any decent?

Good player, though like most our team had some injury problems this season. 

I'd understood he was on a two year deal though so a bit surprised if we let him go to Airdrie, even if we'll get back whatever low sum we paid for MacDonald. I'd certainly be keeping him unless a Championship team came in as he probably has a clause, although maybe he'd prefer the move to Airdrie for his own reasons if that's not possible. 

Gillespie is yet another player at Raith Rovers who suffered from being shoehorned into a position that he’s not comfortable in. Playing right back for large spells plus injury stopped him being as influential as I think he could’ve been, but he showed on several occasions that he had quality.