The New Raith Rovers Thread

41 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Just uploaded a new video...

Raith TV sat down with Bill Clark this evening.

In the video he talks about a range of topics, including:

• Current players that have signed for 19/20
  • New players
  • Outgoing players
  • The new kit
  • The Player Development Fund
  • Season ticket sales
  • The pitch
  • Finances
  • Stadium plans
  • Backroom staff

You can view it below - 

Well, I thought that was excellent. That must be about as transparent as a football club can be, at this stage of the season. 

Yep, certainly feel alot better having watched that. There's a sensible plan in place that has addressed learnings from last seasons failings, really can't ask for a whole lot more. 

Kavanagh was only rumoured to be coming in for a trial. Doubt we'd have signed him. 
Gillespie was on a two year deal. Sure of it. If Murray wasn't one of the three away, maybe he is?
Also, no one supposedly ITK came up with Macdonald so good chance the others won't be names we've heard.
Worth noting the Courier said last Monday we're signing Joao Victoria so I'd think he'll be one.

As ever, brilliant from Raith TV. Can't think of many other clubs so lucky to have their chairman sit down and outline their thoughts on the season past, the current circumstances and the future for 40 minutes. Thanks to Davie, Niall and the rest of the crew for all the effort too. They put in a lot of graft all season, and often they'll get slated for being too optimistic on their commentary about all matters Rovers but they're all just volunteers doing something they're passionate about for the club. 

As for the topics itself, it's good to see the chairman show a bit of enthusiasm. The only downside is that we've offered Davo a new deal and that Nisbet is away (which is the nature of the contract). Glad that we're holding Murray to his deal too. Murray seems like a professional and a decent lad so you'd hope he'd not go full Toshney and chuck the toys out the pram. 

Great honest interview but I think season ticket sales will only kick on after more signings are announced and the fans start getting excited again about the new season ahead, considering the last 2 seasons football which has been on offer to sell just short of 700 is a fairly good number so far

A certain fans favourite Keeper is coming back as a part time player / coach.

I’ll look forward to people saying it’s just a glorious rumour, then proving you wrong when everyone goes off their tits when it’s announced!

Yaaaaaas!

Just come to me for all future signing info [emoji7][emoji6]

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As ever, brilliant from Raith TV. Can't think of many other clubs so lucky to have their chairman sit down and outline their thoughts on the season past, the current circumstances and the future for 40 minutes. Thanks to Davie, Niall and the rest of the crew for all the effort too. They put in a lot of graft all season, and often they'll get slated for being too optimistic on their commentary about all matters Rovers but they're all just volunteers doing something they're passionate about for the club. 

As for the topics itself, it's good to see the chairman show a bit of enthusiasm. The only downside is that we've offered Davo a new deal and that Nisbet is away (which is the nature of the contract). Glad that we're holding Murray to his deal too. Murray seems like a professional and a decent lad so you'd hope he'd not go full Toshney and chuck the toys out the pram. 

As one of the rest of the crew, thanks very much. It can be tough sometimes (I normally don’t mind giving up most Saturday nights to edit the highlights but the 5-0 to Ross County was a sore one) but enjoy giving back to the club that has given me so many great memories over the years. I’m sure there will be more from us very soon with the incoming announcements.

Edited by Roath Raver

Yeah good interview. Positive to hear that Murray is under contract. Sounds like only a couple of the remaining out of contract guys will sign so you would guess that Lyness and Gillespie will be away, and Gillespie to Airdrie sounds a decent shout.
Slightly alarmed that we offered Lyness and Crane the chance to stay on after their performances last season but it looks like neither of them will be here anyway.
I guess speculation turns to the 4 signings and it sounds like a defender, a midfielder and two forwards. You would guess that Anderson and Vitoria could well be two of them. Kavanagh sounds like he'll be one of the forwards that are supposed to be coming in for training.
I laughed at Clark desperately trying to find something positive to say about Flanagan.

Great honest interview but I think season ticket sales will only kick on after more signings are announced and the fans start getting excited again about the new season ahead, considering the last 2 seasons football which has been on offer to sell just short of 700 is a fairly good number so far

Yeah I agree. A couple of decent signings are required to push up towards the 1,000 mark.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Three Championship clubs want Nisbet. He's activated a clause in his contract that lets him talk to them, but we're still entitled to a (development) fee. Negotiations ongoing, could possibly end up with a tribunal, but he'll be gone. 

A development fee for a player you've had for one season at this level might amount to 5k. Bit of a shitter for Raith tbh. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Also it was excellent to hear that Vaughan could be back as early as August.

I hadn't realised that Iain Williamson was our physio either.

After a double ACL you'd hope he'd be given as much time as possible to recover. 

Iain Williamson eh? Always came across as a great guy, could tell he'd gotten his football career by grafting while perhaps not being the best player. Retired back in 2017 from a chronic hip injury apparently. 

Disappointed to hear we have offered a contract to Davidson.  
The highlights I've seen this season have not showed him in a good light and I thought we could use his money on a new player.

I’m gutted too, this will be a season too far for him. The signing of McGurn is another that I don’t understand. Does he still have it at 38 or is he being used sporadically, or merely a coach. The rumours of us signing Brechin rejects also fills me with dread. But hey you can only piss with cock you’ve got. I know things are tight and we’ll have to deal with it. Gutted we couldn’t get Gaston and got rid of Lyness.