The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Sorry to break off from the transfer dealings. But what’s happening with the strip? Are we still using Puma or are we using another sportswear company. Please don’t go with Pendle

IIRC at the AGM it  was suggested there would be a 25th anniversary strip, possibly Bayern related and still Puma.

IIRC at the AGM it  was suggested there would be a 25th anniversary strip, possibly Bayern related and still Puma.

Cheers Zen. Interesting. I still remember our Bayern inspired 3rd top.

Rovers paying fee's for players! what's the world coming to, I was shocked that even we were paying small development fee's
Big promotion push from you this year or incoming funds from Nisbet moving on? Would welcome the latter if it was to us, but can't see it happening
Rovers have learned from Rangers, Airdrie accepted a set of tracksuits and a shite player on loan.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:

Rovers have learned from Rangers, Airdrie accepted a set of tracksuits and a shite player on loan.

and here's us stupidly paying between £20k - £40k (supposedly) for Andy Ryan when we could have just chucked in a few Steak Bridies and a tour round Andrew Carnegie's birthplace museum and got rid of a diddy or 2 in the process, we'll learn one day

38 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
5 hours ago, 80sPar said:
Rovers paying fee's for players! what's the world coming to, I was shocked that even we were paying small development fee's
Big promotion push from you this year or incoming funds from Nisbet moving on? Would welcome the latter if it was to us, but can't see it happening

Swap for big Nat 

6 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Bizarre considering we played Bayern 24 years ago 

Aye, if we were doing a commemorative top, surely something like the old Diadora pattern would be what we went for - you'd sell a shit load.

and here's us stupidly paying between £20k - £40k (supposedly) for Andy Ryan when we could have just chucked in a few Steak Bridies and a tour round Andrew Carnegie's birthplace museum and got rid of a diddy or 2 in the process, we'll learn one day

You can say both clubs have been shat on by the Airdrieonians in a way. They’re evil is unbound lol

MacDonald isn't a player I would expect to win the league with but he's 'fine' for this level of football. Great at driving forward with the ball but he has no end product whatsoever so nothing ever really comes of it. He can get up and down the park but I think he's suspect defensively. Not a bomb scare but he often gets the fundamentals wrong - being out of position, being the wrong side of the attacking player, not picking up his man at set pieces etc. Oddly enough he was actually better when he played on the left-hand side of a back three and given I don't think he was ever part of a decent defence at Airdrie until last season, maybe he's better when he's playing in an organised system and/or with competent players beside him. He's a reliable player too, rarely suspended or injured. I think last season was the only time he was ever injured for a period of time in 3 and half years of playing for Airdrie. During his time at Airdrie, we've finished 5th, 3rd, 7th and 5th. I think that's about his level. He should do a competent enough job for you but I don't think he'd be able to make the step up if you did get promoted. Definitely, think we've got the better end of the bargain with Eckersley coming in (and I would say young Edwards is a better player too). 

Aye, if we were doing a commemorative top, surely something like the old Diadora pattern would be what we went for - you'd sell a shit load.

We should do a similar but not identical design to the Diadora kit (solid white shoulder instead of spray paint effect) but team it with the deep navy/black socks used in the final. Winner.