The New Raith Rovers Thread

MacDonald is another ex-Fifer. Decent enough technically going forward but defensively perhaps not so strong. 

I'm slightly surprised about the calibre of player you guys are going after, unless McGlynn is keeping a marquee signing up his sleeve...

I'm slightly surprised about the calibre of player you guys are going after, unless McGlynn is keeping a marquee signing up his sleeve...

We’ve made two signings, and one of them was pretty much as ‘marquee’ as it gets at this level.

MacDonald is another ex-Fifer. Decent enough technically going forward but defensively perhaps not so strong. 
What like regan hendry... We've signed two players. Hendry and macdonald. Neither are particularly bad signings for league 1. A fully balanced squad with Vaughan, Nisbet and hendry in it will do well in this league!

Rovers paying fee's for players! what's the world coming to, I was shocked that even we were paying small development fee's

Big promotion push from you this year or incoming funds from Nisbet moving on? Would welcome the latter if it was to us, but can't see it happening

52 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

Rovers paying fee's for players! what's the world coming to, I was shocked that even we were paying small development fee's

Big promotion push from you this year or incoming funds from Nisbet moving on? Would welcome the latter if it was to us, but can't see it happening

Cashing in on the Falkirk £

18 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Surely, given our recent grim financial figures, we’re not paying fees for players - and especially left-backs. I remember us splurging £100k on Paul Bonar from the real Airdrie back in the day and that went well...

Tried hard to forget that and Paul Harvey, 3rd time lucky from Airdrie

28 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Surely, given our recent grim financial figures, we’re not paying fees for players - and especially left-backs. I remember us splurging £100k on Paul Bonar from the real Airdrie back in the day and that went well...

Fee could be anything from 99p upwards. Probably just a nominal thing to cover his age, development, whatever.

Wasn’t he on the transfer list as Airdrie couldn’t afford to free him  ?
we also paid Airdire a fee Davie Driftwood 

He was on the transfer list as someone we would've kept but would've sold to cash in on rather than leaving at the end of his contract.

Sorry to break off from the transfer dealings. But what’s happening with the strip? Are we still using Puma or are we using another sportswear company. Please don’t go with Pendle