The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Max Anderson, a midfielder with Dundee in talks with a  full time contract on the table.

You lot heard it here first,

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-youngsters-rewarded-with-two-year-deals-by-boss-jim-mcintyre/

18 year old reserve with a two year contract just signed at his current club....

Just now, MoanEhRaith said:

Any information on him as it seems he’s made an appearance in the challenge cup and nothing after that?

Also not sure if that’s the colt side or first team.

Nothing as yet. He was in yesterday afternoon for 2 hours. Ma cuz is a pal of his and says he's a very good player.

1 minute ago, renton said:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-youngsters-rewarded-with-two-year-deals-by-boss-jim-mcintyre/

18 year old reserve with a two year contract just signed at his current club....

Not sure on that one. Only going on what info i got.

It's not distrust. If we are looking at generating revenue then I would like the club to maximise its own revenue stream. That means increasing bar size and make it available to both home and away fans on a weekly basis. Not this oh can't go this week as it's being used for hospitality. Pretty much every visting fan that comes to our ground that has had a pre match drink have had to go elsewhere. Airdrie for instance use the local golf club. Our own fans who want an occasional last minute pint can't get one half the time. I'm all for people donating but IMO there is much more on the facilities side that can be done to create a larger revenue stream. If there is issues etc with planning or similar for alterations to the 200 club then I can handle that explanation but if we sit at the start of next season with no changes then I question the thoughts of the board. Imagine having the facilities to invite other clubs version of day Fife finest to our ground and be able to milk them of cash pre match.  

The bar in the Main Stand is pretty small but it has done the job so far. The problem as you say is the “come on in!” this home game, followed by “no entry: hospitality this week” nonsense. Makes you feel like a second class fan.

It's not distrust. If we are looking at generating revenue then I would like the club to maximise its own revenue stream. That means increasing bar size and make it available to both home and away fans on a weekly basis. Not this oh can't go this week as it's being used for hospitality. Pretty much every visting fan that comes to our ground that has had a pre match drink have had to go elsewhere. Airdrie for instance use the local golf club. Our own fans who want an occasional last minute pint can't get one half the time. I'm all for people donating but IMO there is much more on the facilities side that can be done to create a larger revenue stream. If there is issues etc with planning or similar for alterations to the 200 club then I can handle that explanation but if we sit at the start of next season with no changes then I question the thoughts of the board. Imagine having the facilities to invite other clubs version of day Fife finest to our ground and be able to milk them of cash pre match.  
Wasn't really aimed at what you had said but I agree with what you have said. I tend to go into the bar at bayview pre match to meet up with a mate who's an EF fan and regularly see our board, ff etc in there aswell.

There does seem to be a fair bit of distrust or maybe it's just dislike when it comes to sim from our fans. Iv never really understood the reasoning behind it.

Max Anderson, a midfielder with Dundee in talks with a  full time contract on the table.
You lot heard it here first,
That was pish mate.
You said it...

The ramshackled portacabins at the north end is probably the new changing rooms with a simple fix of tying into the current services at Starks. My only question is where is the pitch rental monies going?  To repay  Mr Sim for the New playing surface 

Did you think it was a gift? Stark’s Park Properties will keep all revenue generated by the pitch, to pay itself back for the outlay. If there is any profit (personally doubtful), it’ll be reinvested in other stadium projects like the Railway Stand. In the meantime the ‘football club’ saves money on training facilities and pitch maintenance.

5 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Nothing as yet. He was in yesterday afternoon for 2 hours. Ma cuz is a pal of his and says he's a very good player.

I'm calling bullshit on this unless you can provide an incoherent Tweet boasting of your japes.

14 minutes ago, basher brash said:

The ramshackled portacabins at the north end is probably the new changing rooms with a simple fix of tying into the current services at Starks. My only question is where is the pitch rental monies going?  To repay  Mr Sim for the New playing surface 

To put it simply YES! One of the most basic things we need regarding the stadium is new seats in the north and south stand.

If there was somewhere the casual punter could get a pint every week I would utilise it a lot more. 

Understand there's the Raith suite but there's often hospitality on and i can't be arsed buying a ticket beforehand. 

Wasn't really aimed at what you had said but I agree with what you have said. I tend to go into the bar at bayview pre match to meet up with a mate who's an EF fan and regularly see our board, ff etc in there aswell.

There does seem to be a fair bit of distrust or maybe it's just dislike when it comes to sim from our fans. Iv never really understood the reasoning behind it.
I would also like to when these new changing facilities are being built, if we are again well into next season and nothing is in place then what's the point of the pitch?. If they are in place where does the money go? Sims back pocket? Pay off debt? What ?

4 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

League Cup, Group D:
Dundee
Inverness CT
RAITH ROVERS
Peterhead
Cove Rangers

Hopefully either Dundee or ICT Away, as I haven’t been to either.

We should be hoping for Dundee at home, it's the only team in the group that would bring a decent away support.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

We should be hoping for Dundee at home, it's the only team in the group that would bring a decent away support.

Don't think it makes a difference as gate receipts are split 50/50 minus costs for the home team in this cup i think.

I know it’s off topic from the League Cup, and Zen after thinking about it, I agree that Dundee at home is probably financially the best option for us. So ICT Away on the Saturday please 🤞🏻
But check out this, what an absolute virgin! How anyone has time to make up fake profiles like this is absolutely beyond me hahaha

IMG_5676.jpg