The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:

I'd like to see the map version of what the north and south seeding looks like, with a border between them. (if that makes sense)

Dumbarton were in the North section one year such was the split, the border changes every year.

In all seriousness, I realise this group is a bit of an anomaly but a Kirkcaldy based side having drawn Cove, Peterhead and Inverness in a regionalised draw is absolutely mental. I'd rather it was in 4 or even 3 regions, although I suppose it might lead to teams having the play the same teams every year which is a bit shite also. 

In all seriousness, I realise this group is a bit of an anomaly but a Kirkcaldy based side having drawn Cove, Peterhead and Inverness in a regionalised draw is absolutely mental. I'd rather it was in 4 or even 3 regions, although I suppose it might lead to teams having the play the same teams every year which is a bit shite also. 
We played both cove and Inverness last year aswell. It doesn't seem to make much difference.

1 hour ago, pantene proV said:

Yeah but getting the sitting midfielder right is key. We were too exposed because of wedderburns complete lack of mobility off the ball 

Play someone with energy and dig (and proper full backs) and the centre halves don't get pulled out of position so much. 

Gillespie is the answer to that one. Has been exclusively a holding midfielder his whole career until arriving here where like everyone else we shoe horn them all into whatever position we can disregarding players’ best positions, shape, balance etc etc.

No question we need guys playing week in week out in a position they are comfortable with.

Gillespie is the answer to that one. Has been exclusively a holding midfielder his whole career until arriving here where like everyone else we shoe horn them all into whatever position we can disregarding players’ best positions, shape, balance etc etc.
No question we need guys playing week in week out in a position they are comfortable with.
That's assuming he's here next season. A midfield pairing of him and Matthews lacks creativity but should be solid enough.

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

What an absolutely dreadful draw. Regionalised indeed. 

What don't you understand? You're just in the teuchter region while the other clubs within civilisation are kept where they belong.

3 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Get this seeded group stage pish in the sea. 

^^^ unseeded diddy team

Am I right in saying we played Cove before at Forfar's ground?
Rubbish draw imo. Glad we didn't get Ross County though. Dingwall is like being back in the 50s. 
We did as Thier own ground was not ready. It'll be a midweek in Aberdeen in Inverness. Pointless competition.

I've only watched the interview with Ali and not actually read the script. 

Ali is someone I trust so I'll probably be buying into this proposal this time around. 

I'm the same only listened to Ali's interview. If it wasn't for sim owning the stadium I would have preferred money to be used to improve the facilities at the ground or bars to allow us to be able to sustain a steady flow of cash in the future alongside anyone who is contributing.

I know there are plans to increase the size of the 200 club. Also to create changing rooms and hospitality at the railway side. If neither of these are done in the close season then what's the point in grovelling for money if they are not prepared to maximise its own revenue opportunities.

Yeah but getting the sitting midfielder right is key. We were too exposed because of wedderburns complete lack of mobility off the ball 
Play someone with energy and dig (and proper full backs) and the centre halves don't get pulled out of position so much. 

Hopefully Regan Henry

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Where has the massive distrust of sim came from amongst the support? I admit to not knowing much about the guy but from what I can tell he's put his hand in his pocket to keep the club going for years.

Max Anderson, a midfielder with Dundee in talks with a  full time contract on the table.

You lot heard it here first,

Where has the massive distrust of sim came from amongst the support? I admit to not knowing much about the guy but from what I can tell he's put his hand in his pocket to keep the club going for years.

It's not distrust. If we are looking at generating revenue then I would like the club to maximise its own revenue stream. That means increasing bar size and make it available to both home and away fans on a weekly basis. Not this oh can't go this week as it's being used for hospitality. Pretty much every visting fan that comes to our ground that has had a pre match drink have had to go elsewhere. Airdrie for instance use the local golf club. Our own fans who want an occasional last minute pint can't get one half the time. I'm all for people donating but IMO there is much more on the facilities side that can be done to create a larger revenue stream. If there is issues etc with planning or similar for alterations to the 200 club then I can handle that explanation but if we sit at the start of next season with no changes then I question the thoughts of the board. Imagine having the facilities to invite other clubs version of day Fife finest to our ground and be able to milk them of cash pre match.

41 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I'm the same only listened to Ali's interview. If it wasn't for sim owning the stadium I would have preferred money to be used to improve the facilities at the ground or bars to allow us to be able to sustain a steady flow of cash in the future alongside anyone who is contributing.

I know there are plans to increase the size of the 200 club. Also to create changing rooms and hospitality at the railway side. If neither of these are done in the close season then what's the point in grovelling for money if they are not prepared to maximise its own revenue opportunities.

The ramshackled portacabins at the north end is probably the new changing rooms with a simple fix of tying into the current services at Starks. My only question is where is the pitch rental monies going?  To repay  Mr Sim for the New playing surface 

8 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Max Anderson, a midfielder with Dundee in talks with a  full time contract on the table.

Maybe we heard it here second. In fact maybe someone told us after reading it here and we heard it third! 

Any information on him as it seems he’s made an appearance in the challenge cup and nothing after that?

Also not sure if that’s the colt side or first team.