The New Raith Rovers Thread

33 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

I've only watched the interview with Ali and not actually read the script. 

Ali is someone I trust so I'll probably be buying into this proposal this time around. 

3 hours ago, renton said:

Nisbet is away, that should be obvious. Doesn't matter where to.

That's not the scary bit.

The scary bit is the probability of going with the same centre backs as last year.

Yeah but getting the sitting midfielder right is key. We were too exposed because of wedderburns complete lack of mobility off the ball 

Play someone with energy and dig (and proper full backs) and the centre halves don't get pulled out of position so much. 

Just now, pantene proV said:

Yeah but getting the sitting midfielder right is key. We were too exposed because of wedderburns complete lack of mobility off the ball 

Play someone with energy and dig (and proper full backs) and the centre halves don't get pulled out of position so much. 

Definitely true, albeit I worry that Davo is getting too slow now regardless. Always had a tendency to play loose to his marker, but seems more pronounced now. 

Am I right in saying we played Cove before at Forfar's ground?
Rubbish draw imo. Glad we didn't get Ross County though. Dingwall is like being back in the 50s. 

Aye played Cove at Station Park, ironically the only time I’ve seen us win there. But also the master stroke defeat from Bazza last season, Cove away at their ground.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

What an absolutely dreadful draw. Regionalised indeed. 

I'd like to see the map version of what the north and south seeding looks like, with a border between them. (if that makes sense)

Just now, Sheevedaw said:

I'd like to see the map version of what the north and south seeding looks like, with a border between them. (if that makes sense)

Certainly a questionable squiggly line!

Us Alloa Cowden, Stenny, Hibs and Hearts all in the "North"

Edinburgh City, Dunfermline Falkirk all in the South

It's to do with the seedings. the eight first and second seed groups are split four each, hence Hearts and Hibs make the North group in the first seed grouping but Dunfermline are in the North section of the second seed group.

There's no question being in the North section is much tougher than the South.