The New Raith Rovers Thread

I actually quite liked Nat, his eye for a pass was noticeable, but he absolutely cannot operate as part of midfield pairing. Any time we played 4-4-2 we were horrendously overrun in the middle of the park because of his complete lack of mobility. Emptying him was the correct decision, there’ll better centre midfielders available to us, but I wish him well in his future career. Never lacked effort when he played. Still cannae believe he’s only 28, tho [emoji23]

An eye for a pass! [emoji23] Nat’s only pass was 10 yards, sideways or backwards, even then he didn’t always manage to pull it off. He was absolutely stinking.

An eye for a pass! [emoji23] Nat’s only pass was 10 yards, sideways or backwards, even then he didn’t always manage to pull it off. He was absolutely stinking.

Nat was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. Absolutely loved when you guys played him he was that bad

Nat was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. Absolutely loved when you guys played him he was that bad

Exactly what I was thinking as I was reading some other Rovers fans’ opinions of him. :lol:

Him and Flanagan are among some of the worst players that have pulled on a Rovers strip recently.

He also tried the world cup pass far too often, it never came off for him though. So to say he had an eye for a pass couldn’t be further from the truth as he couldn’t pull off that pass.

Nah, not having that. He definitely had the ability to play an attacking, forward pass. I’m absolutely not denying that the majority of the time he played he slowed our attacks down and took the easy option, but he definitely was able to put his foot on it and hit the striker’s feet with a pass on occasion.

I didn’t mind Nat. He was one of the few players who at least wanted the ball, never panicked, never hid and very rarely just hoofed it in any direction. Many more players in the pecking order from last season that deserve criticism before him imo.

I didn’t mind Nat. He was one of the few players who at least wanted the ball, never panicked, never hid and very rarely just hoofed it in any direction. Many more players in the pecking order from last season that deserve criticism before him imo.
This. Some of these comments are way over the top. I thought he was one of our most consistent players last season. Never brilliant but very rarely had a nightmare.

Would be happy with that. Not great that he was deemed not good enough for Airdrie so was moved on to Stranraer. However, as I said in the team of the season thread he’s been one of it not the best opposition player against us this season for both Airdrie and Stranraer.

It will be Jamie Hammil next

A league 2 away day with a train journey of course and hopefully a nice a wee win.

Can we actually progress this year instead of getting beat by cowdenbeath and cove?

I’d like Elgin away or the Highland League Team away on a Saturday. You can get a train there but I’d probably drive up and stay over. Might even do something mad like go camping.

I’d take Berwick or Edinburgh City away too.

Really hoped Victoria would sign on at Stranraer again as thought he was a good player. Only goes one direction which is forward as he’s a very attack minded player and just attacks every time he gets the ball which is good to watch as a fan.I really liked him at Stranraer and think he will do well at Raith. Unfortunately you guys won’t be getting Jamie Hamill though as he’s signed on with us again this season yaaay [emoji20]

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Nah, not having that. He definitely had the ability to play an attacking, forward pass. I’m absolutely not denying that the majority of the time he played he slowed our attacks down and took the easy option, but he definitely was able to put his foot on it and hit the striker’s feet with a pass on occasion.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This. Some of these comments are way over the top. I thought he was one of our most consistent players last season. Never brilliant but very rarely had a nightmare.

24 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Nat Wedderburn strikes me as the kind of player who mirrors the team he's in. He'd look excellent in an excellent side, but struggles when the chips are down.

All of this

Berwick away for me please. Never been and only 30 miles up the road plus we might actually be able to beat them, maybe. Hopefully we do better in the cup this season.

On big Nat wasn’t great imo too slow and constantly slowed any counter attack better to move him on. At his pace he’s probably just leaving Pratt Street.