The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
18 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Betfred to be drawn tomorrow, any preferences on our group?

Dunfermline for the money we could make.

Believe it or not, Dunfermline are South section seeds, we are in the north section.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We're what?! Thought we'd always been north section. Must have been some sort of reshuffle with Kilmarnock being in Europe and Aberdeen not.

Didn't Aberdeen get the 4th spot as Celtic won the cup?

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No idea, can't say I've been following anything closely since our league season finished a few weeks ago.

How did big Nat do in the end?

I thought he was alright at times. Lovely pirouettes and cut backs, but his lack of pace and some silly passes didn't do him any favours. Always wanted him to belt one from distance but don't think he ever tried it (not that I witnessed anyway).

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No idea, can't say I've been following anything closely since our league season finished a few weeks ago.

I think with us releasing him tells you. Ok on the ball and can pass, but cannot run.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

European places 2019/20

Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen will be playing in European competition next season...

Ladbrokes Premiership champions - Celtic
Enter: Champions League qualifying round 1 
Dates: July 9/10 & July 16/17

Ladbrokes Premiership runners-up - Rangers
Enter: Europa League qualifying round 1
Dates: July 11 & 18

Ladbrokes Premiership third place - Kilmarnock

Ladbrokes Premiership fourth place - Aberdeen

https://spfl.co.uk/news/european-places-201920-45771

Victoria is in the category of "match winner".
When he's on his game, he looks very, very dangerous, as you've seen.
But very early in the season last time out, IMO he was found out, and went quietly out the back door to Stranraer.
Got a decent return goals wise early doors for us, but (again imo) other teams sussed out his one dimensional attacking play, and nullified it, meaning too many games he looked as if he had no ideas what to do when defenders " doubled up" on him.
If he's on form, he'll do a decent turn for you.

Never plays well in winter months according to fans from lowland club East Kilbride.

I actually quite liked Nat, his eye for a pass was noticeable, but he absolutely cannot operate as part of midfield pairing. Any time we played 4-4-2 we were horrendously overrun in the middle of the park because of his complete lack of mobility. Emptying him was the correct decision, there’ll better centre midfielders available to us, but I wish him well in his future career. Never lacked effort when he played. Still cannae believe he’s only 28, tho [emoji23]

If the Nisbet rumour is true, then he'll get the backing, naturally, but I'm not holding out much hope. Andy Ryan, El Bak, Moffat, Reilly all scored fucktonnes in League 1 but couldn't score in a barrel of fannies in the Championship. 

52 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If the Nisbet rumour is true, then he'll get the backing, naturally, but I'm not holding out much hope. Andy Ryan, El Bak, Moffat, Reilly all scored fucktonnes in League 1 but couldn't score in a barrel of fannies in the Championship. 

He'll do fine if you get loads of penalties, never misses