The New Raith Rovers Thread

Folk are obsessed with offering older players coaching positions, eh? Who says he’s even done any coaching before, or wants to?

The whole advantage of offering a coaching position is to attract a player who we perhaps couldn’t attract with that particular carrot, not somebody like Anderson or a Davo extension etc.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Grant Anderson occasionally does stuff like this. Is there not a romantic amongst you!?

He's had his time. Thanks for the memories and his efforts. Time to look forward not back.  #oldtimersnomore. 

1 minute ago, Hottoddy22 said:

So do you want to stay in league one forever more?

No, but budgets are there for a reason and are particularly important when a club have the debt we do. 

:rolleyes:

Mcglynn was yet again the wrong choice considering Sunderland’s Jack Ross was interviewed for the position when Barry Smith walked we were only a few points behind Arbroath in comes Mcglynn and the team went backwards it’s as simple as that , just proves it when Davo is offered a new deal and Grant Anderson at 33 are both finished

49 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Folk are obsessed with offering older players coaching positions, eh? Who says he’s even done any coaching before, or wants to?

I'm sure Anderson was doing all his refereeing exams while he was with us, with a view to becoming a ref rather than a coach once his playing career was over. 

Mcglynn was yet again the wrong choice considering Sunderland’s Jack Ross was interviewed for the position when Barry Smith walked we were only a few points behind Arbroath in comes Mcglynn and the team went backwards it’s as simple as that , just proves it when Davo is offered a new deal and Grant Anderson at 33 are both finished

Do you seriously think Jack Ross, the fucking Sunderland manager, was interviewed at the same time as John McGlynn?

Ross was interviewed as a promising young manager in the summer of 2016, we appointed a former Scottish Premiership manager instead...

19 minutes ago, Hottoddy22 said:

Why you quoting me? I never said mcglynn was the right choice, I was commenting on the nonsensical waste of time and energy posting about things that are pure speculation. A fan posts something without foundation then someone else rages about it as fact

Ross was at Sunderland when we Interviewed Barry Smith, however when interviewed Gary Locke I think Ross was in the frame at that time, but I'm sure I heard we were warned off him by those good people at Hearts. :whistle

52 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Ross was at Sunderland when we Interviewed Barry Smith, however when interviewed Gary Locke I think Ross was in the frame at that time, but I'm sure I heard we were warned off him by those good people at Hearts. :whistle

Where do you think the Rovers board got their references for Locke from? :rolleyes:

I’m sure the line was that he didn’t come across as well, Locke more willing to be involved with the community aspect or something. Also after Ray think we were looking for somebody a bit more committed. All laughable now, right enough, but that’s how I remember it at the time.