The New Raith Rovers Thread

So it looks as though we have lost Nisbet, Murray but trying to sign a 33yr old in Anderson who wasn't that good first time round and have apparently offered Iain Davidson a contract. Season is not even anywhere near starting but if this is it then I expect a mid table battle.

So it looks as though we have lost Nisbet, Murray but trying to sign a 33yr old in Anderson who wasn't that good first time round and have apparently offered Iain Davidson a contract. Season is not even anywhere near starting but if this is it then I expect a mid table battle.
No evidence of any of the above, yet. Pipe doon.

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Calm doon man :lol:

Pipe doon. This season kur downfall was the defence and probably the only decent one we had was Murray. Davo should be let go. 

All just rumours mate, nothing been announced re Nizzy, Murray or Ando. Remember we’re in the middle of the silly season.

58 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Not sure what people are expecting. This is our third season in this league with piss all money. 

Even with that, Anderson is a better player than Flanagan. Not a very high standard to meet, but still. 

i'm a better player than Flanagan and I'm an old bugger 

52 minutes ago, roarytheraver said:

Seen Rory mckeown driving towards Kirkcaldy area earlier on today? Any chance of his returns?

Nah, he;d be goin' tae buy his chips fae Toby's in Thornton, jist before he goes tae watch the dug racing!

Grant Anderson was let go several years ago and he hasn't improved in any way. Sorry but have to kind of agree that if him and Davo being given a new contract is not exactly my idea of a decent set of signings.

There is absolutely 0 guarantee that either have been given a contract.

Therefore there is absolutely no need to panic on the 21st May. Over 2 weeks before any new players are even likely to sign a contract with us (as most players contracts are up til the 11th of June with their current club) :lol:

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
4 hours ago, CALDERON said:
Calm doon man emoji38.png

Grant Anderson was let go several years ago and he hasn't improved in any way. Sorry but have to kind of agree that if him and Davo being given a new contract is not exactly my idea of a decent set of signings.

Its early days, its only May and we dont know how the squad is going to look yet.

Anderson is only a rumour but even if he does sign, it's only one player. Not a player we should be basing our team around but not a disaster to have him around the squad at all. Probably put Davo in that category, or close to it. 

Its far to early to freak out about signings, especially ones we haven't made yet, without the wider context. 

There is absolutely 0 guarantee that either have been given a contract.

Therefore there is absolutely no need to panic on the 21st May. Over 2 weeks before any new players can even sign a contract with us [emoji38]
IMO the only way Davo can get a contract is if it is as a part time player and he spends it on the bench.