The New Raith Rovers Thread

Nisbet was bodied over the two legs against one of the worst defences in the championship, his level is league 1. Good luck to the lad though, he’s had a fantastic season with us.
To be fair we weren't exactly very forward thinking in either of those games. Particularly the home leg.

Him leaving was always going to be the case once we were confirmed as stayed down.

Oddly enough I don’t really recall him doing much else aside from scoring goals. Maybe one positive we can draw is we’ll have a more rounded player up top for us next season.

Surely on the wind up? His first touch, hold up play, and distribution and link up play was absolutely excellent, I haven’t watched the goal reel, but I’m fairly certain he would’ve been at the start of the build of, maybe ~60% of the time, of him actually scoring the goal(s).

If rumours are to be true and he is away, I’ll be absolutely gutted. He always said he acted like billy big bollocks/thought he had made it etc. And that’s why he never worked as hard/scored goals in the Championship, and when he signed for us, he realised that it was his last chance at staying in FT football. I actually thought he would’ve stayed with us for next season again, to show loyalty, and to also show he’s willing to work at it for a big move. He is excellent and he will bang goals in the Championship next season, given the chance, however his record so far is that he is just a 1 season wonder in League 1. Let’s see what happens, and hopefully it’s all the standard bullish!t.

I personally think we’ll get our house in order first, players that will 100% be in the team next season prior to signing anyone, unless of course they are fullbacks. I can’t see any signings being announced for another week or so yet. (I’ve this has been discussed and agreed/disagreed on already, then I’ll shut it, not been on this since the first QotS game)

Whilst signings haven't been announced, I doubt Mcglynn has let 4 senior players out the door without replacements firmed up. 
Maybe had to move them on to bring others in, depending on who he has offered new contracts to.

Surely on the wind up? His first touch, hold up play, and distribution and link up play was absolutely excellent, I haven’t watched the goal reel, but I’m fairly certain he would’ve been at the start of the build of, maybe ~60% of the time, of him actually scoring the goal(s).

4 assists this season.

Stevenson, Valentine and Berry have all left.  Mckay and Smith offered contracts (positive). McGuff and McDaid also gone. Bowie and Tait start modern apprenticeships. Watson already under contract.

Good to see that Bowie is tied up as he looked an excellent player for his age when he played last season, also excited to see what Dylan Tait can bring in his position.

Cannot judge McDaid and nor really McGuff but good luck to the boys for the future.

Ryan Stevenson was a player I always wanted to see get more of a shot but a career outside football may be better for him, good luck to him, Euan and James.

Hopefully we can tie up Dave and Jack Smith as I feel a partnership of Dave and Bene would/could/will be great next season and also young Jack can be a good asset moving forward.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can guarantee you he won’t be signing for Ayr. Don’t think McCall was a huge fan of his.

Nisbet has come out and pretty much owned up to a shite attitude prior to the Rovers. Imagine if McCall asked McGlynn now he'd get a response opposite of his own previous experience with the player.

Nisbet has come out and pretty much owned up to a shite attitude prior to the Rovers. Imagine if McCall asked McGlynn now he'd get a response opposite of his own previous experience with the player.

From the sounds of it he’s had a similar story to Shankland. Nisbet wasn’t great with us but we had numerous issues in our team that clearly didn’t help him when he played.

I’m not sure if his last game was the 4-4 draw vs Dumbarton but he basically feigned injury to get off the park and McCall very loudly called him out on it from the touch line.

I can guarantee you he won’t be signing for Ayr. Don’t think McCall was a huge fan of his.
McCall would never hijack a deal when we're involved. Man's a class act.